BSG-47 Battlestar Solaria

Quaralane

All right, for this years Big Spring Contest, I'm finally going to do it.
The centerpiece of an RP that I really enjoyed.
The BSG-47 Battlestar Solaria
bsg-47-solaria-00-seal.jpg

Per the contest rules, proof I haven't yet started the kit as of today, April 1, 2012
bsg-47-solaria-01-proof.jpg

And a rough idea of what I'm planning to do with her
bsg-47-solaria-02-plan.jpg

Essentially, she's be a fully-armored version of the Galactica type, only with her flight pods fixed in position, and the pod bays filled in.
I'll be using Paragraphix photoetch and Timeslip's turrets as well as doing some minor lighting work on her.

More to come as I actually get started

Awesome Q! I was checking this one out at the LHS, and I was really tempted to get it. The BSG is just a beauty!

Yeah dude. Looking forward to this!!!! Where'd you get those orthos with all the panels??

Bookmarked! Great idea Q, I always enjoy your approach to these modded kits.

With this ship as an addition to your collection You're going to be a true "Solaria-builder", Q :)
great project, I'm extremely interested in seeing the finished result.
Bookmarked ;)

Thanks for the early support, guys.

Haven't made any real construction progress as yet, but did make a couple of important decisions.

Back when I first started planning this build, lo many moons ago, I wanted to see about using some sort of styrene sheeting for the armor plating.

As I write this, I've decided that there are three words for best how to tackle adding the armor without having to resort to tricky templates and matching things up.
Say them with me:
"Aves Apoxie Sculpt"

With that decision out of the way, I can actually start working on her once my texture stamp is ready.

Oh, and as far as that ortho goes, it was done by an artist on DeviantArt, and adapted to fit what I had in mind for the Solaria.

Thanks again, guys.
Hopefully I'll get some stuff done on her this weekend, and week

Latest posts

Back