BSC 1/48 Harrier.

Given the long service record of this bird, they may have swapped tire manufacturers at some point. My bird has blank tires (but it is a 1/72 scale, so that sort of detail is a little unrealistic). In the end, I really don't think it will matter a whole bunch which wheel set you use.

Check this link out for some super-detailing documents/instructions and reference photos: http://harriersig.org.uk/
Hope this helps!

Aeroteto,
That is coming along very well. Very sharp, and 'clean'
if you know what I mean. I remember this WIP from
earlier in the year. Yeap, very sharp.

Nice to see you go to TOWN on this....

the Bay is looking really nice ! what sort of juice did you use to weather it ?
nice and grimy !

This kit is coming along. While I don't know a thing about the tires on this bird, I personally would use the Monogram tires.

This is looking very nice . I like the detail & weathering in the wheel bays ...good stuff :)

Chris.

Excellent work. The extra details really "PoP". I agree with you, the Monogram tire
looks better...go with that...have fun and keep building. Bill

thank you very much guys!! ;D
It´s very warm and sunny here in Mexico, so I didn´t made any building in some time.
After glueing the fuselage together, check the wing asembly, it needs a little persuation by light sanding here and there.
Finally it falls together and everything looks good.

BSC064.jpg

The intake have many seams and big holes so it looks a daunting task to fill all of them and get the whole intake area smooth, not impossible but too much work, and I want this model done ASAP.
So put some low tack tape on the intake area, mix some Krazy-Glue brand epoxy putty and press the lips of the intake to get the general forms.
I let cure the epoxy overnight and carefully remove them.
they looks very good, and need only a light fill and sanding for the intake covers I want.

BSC065.jpg

BSC066.jpg

I read somewhere that if you glue the lower wing halves first, you´ll get a tight joint avoiding a nasty seam in along the lower wing root.
so I did it that way and looks very good, but still have a seam in the flaps where they meets with the fuselage.
Also I glue a spacer in the fron LEX, I really don´t know why, it look the same to me, but I´m taking all the advice I can get.

BSC067.jpg

BSC068.jpg

Great work on the office, looking forward to the rest of the build updates.

To correct the *Hasegawa kink* in the wings I will use the technique of Craig Sargent.
I will cut lower wing halves and folding the top.
But enough persuation need to achieve the fold.
So I put liquid cement in the saw cut, to soften the plastic, and a piece of streched sprue, then tape the wing to keep the angle till the cement dries.
All this leaves a small rib that needs to be sanded later, not big deal.

BSC001-1.jpg

BSC002-1.jpg

BSC003-1.jpg

BSC004-1.jpg

BSC005-1.jpg

Not big update here, work has been a beast.
I just noticed the weak detail on the gun so it was reworked a little.

BSC006-1.jpg

BSC010-1.jpg

BSC011.jpg

BSC007.jpg

BSC008.jpg

Latest posts

Back