11 – Tan sprues
1 – Clear sprues
1 – Soft flexible black sprue
2 – Decal sheets with markings for several different styles
1 – 38 page set of instructions for assembly
1 – Sheet of photo etch
5 – Tire treads

Sprues:

There are 13 sprues in the box, 11 for the main kit, 1 soft black sprue of machine gun ammo and 1 small clear sprue. All the molding appears very sharp with great detail and only the slightest amount of flash in some of the more delicate areas of the mold. Mold seams are very minimal and should clean up easily. There are at first glance absolutely no ejector pin marks on exposed surfaces of the model and I have found no sink marks anywhere on the parts.

Instructions:

The instructions are fairly extensive and have a real magazine quality to them. Thick satin paper with color used sparingly throughout as well as plenty of black lined exploded line drawings with parts number call out and straight forward assembly. English text is very minimal but the pictures themselves are clear and easy to follow.

Conclusion:

This is a very nice kit with sharp details and very well molded parts. This model is immense in scope of building, huge parts count with many of those parts on the rather small side. Incredible detail reached by assembling tons of parts into slightly larger parts that then assemble into sub assemblies and it just goes on and on. This is no doubt a stunning model in the end but it's not for the faint of heart, this is no weekend build.

Recommended, especially for those who really love a very detail oriented build.

Would you like to purchase this kit - Go to Hobby Link Japan HJL Product code - BRN35081

[size=20pt]
Special Thanks for making this review possible:

Hobby Link Japan - http://www.hlj.com/

101_4908.jpg
101_4909.jpg
101_4910.jpg
101_4911.jpg
101_4912.jpg
101_4913.jpg
101_4915.jpg
101_4914.jpg
101_4916.jpg
[/quote]

Wow over enginerd or what! cant wait for this one, altough i forsee a long long wait for paint :)

Another fine review Mr. Abrams!!! Looking forward to seeing you dig in and get your hands dirty on this one!!!

Wow this kit is detailed and with your skills man is this going to be a wicked combination.
Looking forward to the build updates.
Cheers

Nice review Ken ,and neat vid too ...I like the way you tossed the turret to the side ;D I could hear it bounce across the bench ;D ...funny .

Cant wait to see all those little parts making bigger parts that fit into sub assemblies which go onto bigger parts ;D ;D ...Seriously tho ,looks like a great kit ...and in the right hands ;)

Chris.

Nice kit and lots of details for sure. Great review. Looking forward to your build.

Nice review Ken.
Video and pictures with text. Very slick.
Thanks for pulling this together. As always, looking forward to your next build.

Cheers,

Bill

Hey Ken, very nice review! Have you thought about how your going to display the vehicle? With the full interior is there a way to leave hatches open? I am looking forward to watching this go together!

Long build, hey? Good thing the year is young. I want to see your panel color modulation on this. ;D
Seriously your the guy with the skill to make this right....looking forward to it.

Curious as to why they shot it in tan plastic, as the markings all show the vehicle in a green scheme.

I have the version prior to this, the one with the clear hull and turret (although mind didn't come with the clear turret....not that I care as I wasn't going to use those parts anyway, and it came with the reg. styrene versions as well) and it was all the usual green styrene.

So...since I am not using the clear parts....want a challenge, and make this one see through?? LOL

Impressive part count..., and page count. This will be fun to follow along with. Good luck with the build.

Wow! I've built a couple of Broncos and have at least another in the stash. I know they are well detailed but this is nuts. I guess all you can do is take a deep breath, dig in and try to enjoy each section as if a model in itself. I'm sure this will be pretty sweet when completed.

Great review! This kit looks like a lot of fun. I will be watching closely :)

Glad to see all the interest guys, thanks for all the confidence. Sorry for the late reply but work has been very, very busy lately (for a change).

adampolo13, I have a very nice little street section with a fountain from Celticwerks. As for seeing the interior, one of the side doors is molded separately and then there's the turret hatches... not much but we'll have to wait and see.

Scott, nah I'll keep it simple this time. lol

This kit is similar in a way to Bronco's Bishop....gorgeous interior to it, so you pretty much have to open it up, otherwise what is the point. Again, parts count on the Bishop is massive as well.

KEN ,

Rockin' review !! Those Bronco kits Rock. This looks no different ! I actually had th chance to meet one of th contributors of this Kit . Mr. Jim Burrell while I was at th Tank Farm in Nokesville,V.A. Great Guy. He's on of th Few if not the Only Guy in North America that has painstakingly restored on of these Humbers & has it in His Collection !!

Check this out.

Thought you might Dig it . Too put a Face with a Name !!

I'm lookin forward to this build KEN !! Especially th Weathering !

\m/

Latest posts

Back