British SE5

PANZERMAN

My Karma ran over my Dogma.
Hello everyone. Time to do a "Wingy" thing. This time it's a Lindberg, 1/48, WW1 SE5. It's one of their
"Vintage" molds. Here are some pics............................
iota2002.jpg
iota2003.jpg
iota2010.jpg
iota2005.jpg
iota2006.jpg
iota2007.jpg
Thanks for viewing. Comments are welcomed. Bill

Oooh that is an oldie Bill ;D Be nice to see it done tho :) ....ouch ! dont like where that paper clip is going ;D ;D :eek:

Chris.

Very cool Bill. Are you going to build it up with the ground crew man and the dolly?

Hey guys, thanks for commenting.
@Chris, yesh, pilots do suffer an indignity to get painted.
@JMac,maybe, he is cool looking, but I'm thinking of a dogfight scene with a Monogram Fokker.
Here's some update pics..........................
altara001.jpg
altara002.jpg
altara236.jpg
As per references from the Web, the right side mg is omitted and the space filled in.
altara237.jpg
The kit comes with a basic engine, the newer SA5 from Revell doesn't even have one. Older is better, sometimes.
Thanks for viewing. Comments are welcomed. More to follow. Bill

Dogfight! Very cool idea. Are both kits 1:48th? How big of an area are you planning for that?

JMac, picture a vertical layout with a sky painted backdrop, the planes are in a twisting dive. They
will be anchored to the rear backdrop. Yes, the Fokker is a 1/48 scale Monogram kit. Still in a
planning stages. I enjoy taking old kits and bringing them up to today's standards. Thanks, Bill.

Cool video Ferris. Very Funny.
Next update....got the engine installed, left mg on and housing being made. Bottom engine cowling
was AWOL, so remade a styrene one. Also, made firewall and fuel tank relief. More to come.
dingo001.jpg
dingo003.jpg
Thanks for viewing. Comments welcomed. Bill

Nice work Bill . you are quite right with the gun ,the SE5a had a Browning on the pilots left and a lewis on the top wing ,the Browning was covered with a hump . Looking good :)

Chris.

Thanks Chris, I try to be as accurate as possible, but getting too crazy with detailing can stall
a build to a glacial pace. Here's the next update. Finished the Browning housing, added the gunsight,
and wind shield. Also got the landing gear done, but had to add metal rod to beff-up the wheel
connections. Some pics.........................
omega11001.jpg
omega11004.jpg
omega11005.jpg
omega11006.jpg
Thanks for viewing. HAVE FUN....BUILD A MODEL!!! Bill

Panzerman,
This is such a dinosaur. Lol. You are making this look
Super. And, in a dogfight scene. I am all in on this one.
Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks Peepy, Holden, and Ferris. I appreciate your interest and comments.
Next update....Got the wings together...what a nightmare trying to align 8 seperate pieces! Detailed up
the Lewis MG. Also encountered another problem that needs attention before I start painting.
epsulon8001.jpg
epsulon8002.jpg
epsulon8003.jpg
epsulon8005.jpg
Thanks for viewing. More to come. Bill

Coming along masterfully there Sir!
If you don't mind me asking, how are Lindberg kits generally? i've seen them on line and they have a few subjects I'd like to try (The 02 Goose and Pogo).
Thanks!

Ferris, Their biplanes aren't bad...somewhat basic, but that's a good datum line to start from.
Their helicopters are very basic...good for beginners(i.e. Cobra, Huey, and Jolly Green Giant).
Don't know about the others....Overall I'd say they are dated and basic kits....that can be good or bad
depending on your outlook. Sorry I can't be of more help. Bill

Just wanted to say it's fantastic to see a modeller modeling and not just assembling. great work so far and look forward to more details. Remember to have fun!

Bill ,before you move the shaft for the prop (hope its not too late ) the SE5 used two different engines ..the Wolsely and a Hispano , I think it was the Hispano that had the prop sitting lower ;)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back