British infantry Normandy 1944 - Dragon

BeebleBrox

Hello

Experimenting with different techniques to find a style that suits me.
I like to paint fast but want to achive good results. Not saying that these are that good, just wanna share and maybe get some tips.

These figures are primed with Tamiya flat white.
Uniform and equipment are just one thin layer with Vallejo where the white primer bleeds through at elevetad folds etc. After first coat of paint I did a very thin wash with Citadel Agrax Earthshade that works as a filter to keep it all together. Applied some hightlights at certain areas.
The face are 3 tones of flesh colors and I used Vallejo Light Rust as wash/filter.
Finished them with dry brushing Vallejo Light Yellow Ochre and finally a coat of Tamiya clear flat.

image_zpsgntns3w5.jpg

image_zpszj3xukiw.jpg

image_zps4n3a0ixu.jpg

image_zpsa7ypgad7.jpg

image_zpsd7oaigko.jpg

image_zpss4e2q73i.jpg

image_zpssphxubqx.jpg

Off topic
These I found on the attic along with other kits, bought them second hand years ago and had forgotten them. They were are all started but not ruined when I got them. Very nice find.

image_zps6hicipy4.jpg

image_zpsbdov3j56.jpg

Off topic 2.
These are kind of funny. Might do a vinjette called "puff puff pass".

image_zpsbr83cdk4.jpg

Brgds Zaphod

All those figs look Awesome ! ;D don't see anything that could improve 8)
Dragon makes a lot of great sets . Thankfully :p , I'm hoping Master Box releases some new sets

.... kudos to the lack of eye-whites . ;) It gets over-done so often .

Those Fine Molds kits are intriguing .. I've never seen those .
I'm going to put something bizarre together - sooner than later - with all the body parts and especially faces that I'm collecting while building Huffinstrasse
... . I'll start laughing out loud sometimes while I'm working on figs and imagining all kinds of disturbing combinations ;D
I'd like to do a stop-motion film with some freaky peoples/thingsies

Thanks for that!

I'm improving, thats for sure.
One thing that I always "under do" is the shoes. Some wash, maybe som dry brush.

Im running out of 1:35 figures, got som dessert fox hang arounds but do not wanna paint them.
I will order some ICM sets, made one earlier and was pleased with the quality.

The fine molds kits were bought in Japan (were else..), I think they got a lot of sweet stuff there.
Bizzare is the future, ill go down that path as well.

//Beeb

ICM eh ? ---- I've been wondering about them .
So far I've used Tamiya , Master Box , Mini Art , Zvezda and Dragon ,, I asked over at Armorama about Italeri figures and everyone said they're not that great . I assume they're comparable to the Tamiya examples :p

I'd like to check out some Alpine figs -- too expensive for doing a dio , and the poses I've seen appear to be too 'static' overall ..... kinda like the Verlinden figures I see .

Those Fine Molds weirdees are like the ' Anti-Tamiya ' peoples ;D -- giant heads and lesser hands while Tamiya is all about the giant hands and shrunken heads ::)

Ha ha . " worse than Tamiya " :eek: that was pretty much the sentiment over at Armorama ;D

Yeah , I saw that ICM set : ICM00035634_0_l.jpg

.. over at Scale Hobbyist .

I agree with Darren's review --- seems they could have done better than the one totally upright dude . At least considering the title .
I thought that was a new release , but it's a re-box

I Should be getting some time in on Huffinstrasse this weekend . I want to finish off the Panther's hull . I have a pile of component parts ready ..

So, what do you say? Is ICM italeri? New brand, better stuff? I built a Italeri Ferdinand once and the figure included looked as if your Benny Hill fig had spent some time in an open fire :)

ICM is out of Ukraine . Italeri is just that . Italian .
I don't think they have any business relation .
Italeri and Tamiya have colluded forever . I guess they share an apathy for figurines ( ??? )

I've never purchased any Italeri stuff before ( the box-art always scared me- :( ;) ) The saloon for the " Out-of-Towners " is my first kit from ICM and like I said earlier , they have quite a few wheeled subjects that I like .

another addition to Lange Reihe @ Huffinstrasse ?? :

icm35527_0.jpg

Cat . Pfft . ;D

What about poor Francesca's little car . ?! would've been a bright -azz fire for a few 8)
- of course , the firemen wouldn't have been able to get to it with the fire-fight going down ... fortunately the bank building is all masonry over at that corner .

I thought about adding :

DML00006336_0_l.jpg

I'd make the red cross a bit more 'official and permanent ' ... More figs . plus the nurse offers some 'dynamics' with the congregating soldiers . ;)

Remember - I want the Lange Reihe end to be really congested . The last 'headcount' I did for the scenes I have in my head brought it to 65 . It might be around 70 in the end .

Which one ? ;D

Why do they make two that are so similar ? Looks like the front ends are only slightly different -

ICM00035527_0_l.jpg
ICM00035526_0_l.jpg

Same price ( no surprise )

I'm partial to the red one - not for the color ( though it will be red ) but for whatever reason I like the radius of the smaller grill and fewer , smaller horizontal vents ....

.. . . put a clown in the passenger seat . with a psycho stare

and a dog collar

" Resque "machine ;D

;D

Heh heh

... so the weird continues . I just ordered that one fire truck .
I have an order inbound from them currently but there's 3 things that didn't ship so I emailed them to see if I could add it to that stuff to avoid additional shipping .
They responded almost immediately . On Saturday afternoon 8) . Same thing with my last correspondence with them on a late Friday night . They must be 24/7

Anyways , it was no problem . ( I assure you that anythiing of this sort is not happening with HLJ ::) .. it's all a done deal over there . I understand the logic though . )

Now the thing shows Backordered ;D So ? I got the last one AGAIN ? ::)
One more and I get a free sub

Where do you buy your stuff?

I orded this today.

239_001.jpg

Might use it with the brits.

Nice ;D
They have a lot of interesting subjects that they kinda have a monopoly on

I ordered it from Scale Hobbyist .
They've been the source of most of the figs .
I use them and HLJ the most . I had the firetruck on back-order @ HLJ - it was ~ 5 bucks cheaper there but WHEN would it become available ? so if I could throw it on this other shipping I'd do it . I'm glad I did if it's the last one ;D I assume the other version is still available ???
I really didn't expect a reply until Monday morning . I have nothing but good to say about Scale Hobbyist .

BTW - I keep returning to look over your figs . They really do look great .
Did you paint hi-lights on the guns , with silver in the actions ?

Are you using the Vallejo primer - for brushing ?

Really fantastic that you liked them :)

The guns.

Just vallejo, the paint smells good :D

Wood
Beastial brown with some flat flesh.

Metal:
Black gray with some gun metal

Wash:
Citadel earthshadow (heavy wash)

Highlights:
Gun metal

Drybrusing (light)
Vallejo pigments , yellow ochra

;D , yeah , it has a strangely pleasant aroma . Like fancy creeping death .

I have one of these coming on this order : https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Detailing_and_Weathering/true-metal-gun-metal/AKI00000461/product.php?s=3&t=1&u=4&micr=2486&pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a

one of that gun metal and one in " steel "
Only way to find out what it's like . I don't think any of the " gun metal " paints come close . for various mechanical reasons . mixed / diluted maybe and kinda sometimes ...
Pastels and waxes are where it's at
that and no underwear

A giant robot just broke the sound barrier over my house

could be thunder

:-\

Latest posts

Back