Bridge Too Far , Forced Perspective Diorama

PANZERMAN

My Karma ran over my Dogma.
Hey, fellow model addicts. Submitted for your approval or rancor is another one of my forced perspective
dioramas. It depicts the hopeless but valient stand of British paratroopers against a German armored division at
Arnhem. Scales used are 1/35, 1/40, 1/48, 1/56, 1/65, 1/72, and 1/76. 1/35=ESCI Brit paras, 1/40=heavy conversion Brit and Germans, 1/48=Tamiya Sdkfz.250 and troops, 1/56=scratchbuilt Germans, 1/65=scratchbuilt
Autoblinda and troops, 1/72=Airfix's Bren carrier/6 pdr. gun, 1/76=Fujimi's PanzerIV and Matchbox's Sdkfz.251 and
troops. Street and buildings made out of foam board and construction paper. Lamps, signs, benches, etc. are
scratchbuilt items. Painted with Vallejo acrylics.
modpics32027.jpg
modpics32037.jpg
modpics32025.jpg
modpics32024.jpg
modpics32032.jpg
modpics32031-1.jpg
modpics32030.jpg
modpics32028-1.jpg
modpics32050.jpg
modpics32054.jpg
modpics32052.jpg
Thanks for viewing, sorry it is so pic heavy. Bill

Great perspective. Reminds me of museum diorama's I used to see when I was a kid. I imagine it was pretty hard to plan. Did you map it out or just go off the top of your head? Great Job!

wwwwooww its another quality dio love the 8th picture down the one through the door looks amazing as all the pictures do but thats my fav keep them coming truly amazing

geegad

Thank guys. I appreciate the kind comments. It was a labor of love to make. The real trick is to make
the transition between scales seemless. This necessitates the scratchbuilding of intervening scales to plug the
gaps. Like 1/40, 1/56, 1/65. As everything diminishes gradually, the illusion is maintained. I hope that by
showing my example, others might try their hands at it. Have fun, build a model.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN THE BSC THIS YEAR. Bill

This is cool! Very creative illusion, especially the shot through the doorway looking down the street. I guess you have to look at it just right, or the illusion is broken. Looks like some of the geometry is off a little bit, but this is quite good overall. Loads of great little details.

That is truly Awesome. You get the feeling your in Saving Private Ryan. So well done Sir!

Another great Dio Bill , Very well done fella .My Grandfather fought at Arnhem so it always interests me . Nice one :)

Chris.

Wow Bill, fron the 8th pic onwards, the Forced-P effect has been IMHO SUPERBLY achieved: it can be perfectly & highly proportionately perceived!!! Great results, you´ve got it! 10/10
´
Another cool & highly creative dio, Bill :D
Cheers
RG

Wow.....I could stare at it for hours.....and I thought I was doing fantastic on my diesel shop diorama-my rigs quiver in fear from your pure awesomeness!

WOOOOOW!! :eek: :eek:
My jaw is on the floor!
Not to mention this is a forced perspective (which always looks extremely cool), You've got such an incredible detalisation here in every corner!
This is a real show-stopper.
Bravo!

Latest posts

Back