Bravo 6 - U.S. Army Special Forces Officer, 'Nam

sharkmouth

Promise I won't bite... hard
1/35th scale resin figure
Reference # B6-35040
Rating 9 out of 10 stars
Price $17.99USD from Military Miniatures Warehouse

B6-35040.jpg
Bravo 6 is a series of resin figures which concentrate on Vietnam and Soviet Great Patriotic War subjects. One of their latest releases is the US Army Special Forces Officer in 'Nam. Looking at the figure box, the posture and face are familiar.

This is not the first time that Vladimir Demchenko has used a movie to produce a figure so I went to Netflix and began watching The Green Berets, directed by John Wayne. Sure enough, Vladi has captured the lead, Colonel Mike Kirby.

Bravo6_35040b.jpg
Inside the box, there are seven parts on four sprues.

Bravo6_35040f.jpg

Bravo6_35040g.jpg
Photographs above show the main casting.

Bravo6_35040c.jpg
This shows the best way to remove the delicate casting of the arm holding the gun from the casting block. Notice the nicely detailed upper surface of the gun. The muzzle is not hollow.

Bravo6_35040e.jpg
The underside of the gun lacks the proper details which will be visible in the end due to the angle it is being held. These are the six vent holes near the front part of the heat shield.

TM_9-1005-249-10_M16_Fig_3-6.jpg
See TM 9-1005-249-10 M16 Fig 3-6 taken from the M-16 Technical Manual.

B6-35040_000a.jpg
This shows the last sprue, the left arm was not photographed for this review. Only three of the four items are used.

B6-35040_001.jpg
B6-35040_002.jpg
B6-35040_003.jpg
B6-35040_004.jpg
Photos above show the figure without the canteen, storage bag, or bayonet in place.

The arms did have light flash to remove but the resin is easy to carve and scrape.

This is an excellent figure of John Wayne's likeness in The Green Berets. A sling for the gun should be added and hopefully I will find some decals for the rank and badges. Since it is based on a movie, I did not do my usual check of references for uniform accuracy.

Hey SHARK,

Cool figure !!Bravo 6 is on it ! I like Their Vietnam era stuff !! WoW ... this one looks Very familiar, but I can put My Finger on it ... Pilgram !

Great Review.

He mentions the reason (for me, at least) at the end of his text.
This sculpt looks a LOT like the late John Wayne from the movie "The Green Berets"

Looks like an excellent fig.

Latest posts

Back