Bomber Busting Swallow , Me-262 with 50mm auto canon

PANZERMAN

My Karma ran over my Dogma.
Forced perspective Aerial combat scene. Tamiya's 1/100 scale Me-262, converted to 50 mm auto canon varient,
made late in war to be a bomber killer. Minicraft's 1/144 scale B-17: battle damaged, replaced poorly molded guns,
clear discs(color tipped) to represent props inflight, cotton smoke and styrene wreckage added. Eduard's 1/144
scale Me-262, added cockpit and scratchbuilt pilot, rest is stock. All hand painted with Vallejo acrylics. Kit decals
used throughout. Wood box with skyscape painted in acrylics. Thanks for viewing/hope you enjoy. Bill

modpics32003.jpg
modpics32013.jpg
modpics32011.jpg
modpics32016.jpg
modpics32021.jpg
modpics32022.jpg

A great subject for forced perspective. The debris in the smoke is a great touch. Keep em' comin'!

Thanks everyone. Hopefully someone else might get inspired to try to make one as well.
A bail-out scene, an actual dogfight, or a ballon cutter.....are some ideas that pop up.
Thanks again. Bill

Good eye, Glorfindel, that's exactly what it is. I only wish I had airbrushed the smoke cloud with darker
hues. If you look closer, I tried to include in the wreckage remnants of the tail-gunner position. No gore for
propriety sake.
Thanks again. Bill

Thats a really nice piece Bill ,and a great use of different scales it looks just right ...well done :)

Chris.

Thanks, Chris. I'm glad you like it. I've got a couple more aerial forced perspective ideas
in the hooper for future builds. Ahh, maybe one day.............
Thanks again. Bill

Latest posts

Back