https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing-Stearman_Model_75
I paid one dollar for this at Modelmania 2019
See if I can make it into a 6 month build :D

9 months ?
OK

WUeCycJ.jpg
eIrV11j.jpg

Appears to have all the parts ,
something labeled # 24 is missing from the sprue but the sparse instructions don't show a # 24 part .
We will see .

0fx7SA8.jpg
77GVc1O.jpgcHgSKtE.jpg

Ya think the decals made it ?
This thing is possibly older than me is :p

kxZCbuX.jpg

So this kit is either from 1966 or 67 - the box and instructions are dated '66 and labeled Revell Inc , Venice , California - but the decals and instructions are printed in Great Britain .
originally tooled in '65 , reboxed in 67 with new decals ? or .... ?
ScaleMates timeline :
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-great-britain-h649-boeing-pt-13d-kaydet-navy-n2s-5--1323030
Really not too bad injection molding

Some very robust ejector pin marks , and not in a good spot :

Yyd6nFa.jpg

IwyXxOe.jpg

Two of these cool little dudes

p9xeB4G.jpg

ghvzShX.jpg

Not too shabby

wX4XQJf.jpg3yw4UDg.jpg

It's a classic kit and should not be judged according to the standards of 2021. Revell's series of 1/72 kit were a big hit, for their time, and Revell cornered the market on that scale in the US. And many from that series still hold up pretty well today, and can be made into nice models of the subject. I never got to build any, as a kid, because I built 1/48 and 1/32. But used to admire the photos of them in the Revell catalog every year. The "catalog" models were finished so nicely!
If I'm not mistaken, this was still in the Revell of Germany catalog, right up to the end. I remember seeing boxings of it in the RoG boxes.
I would trash the decals and get new ones, though.
Yeah, Revell had a UK office to serve Europe, along with an office in Germany. Those were eventually merged into the German office, and that was Revell.de, up until the Hobbico bankruptcy. I've got some kits in my stash, like the F2A Buffalo, with an example released here in the US and another released in the UK. The box art is the same for both-a yellow-wings Buffalo flying above one of the Lexingtons. But the squadron markings were changed, between the two versions. I found that interesting when I noticed it.

Hi, building same kit as reissued by Revell Germany in 2010, yellow USN trainer paint scheme.
Part 24 also not in frame (never injected, not just missing) nor mentioned in instructions.

Cheers.

The kit is still where it was .
In the box .

They were still squirting plastic into those molds in 2010 huh ?
good grief .

Uploading pix is easy ,
just click on the picture icon between the chain link and the smiley in the header bar ,
Then follow the prompts -- you can upload directly to this site ( drop image ) or use the chain link icon to paste an image address .
Hit " preview ' at the top right to check what will show on page ( when in doubt )

Thanks, I thought that icon was where to upload images. However, in my smartphone could only see a place to write a URL when pressing it. Will try again.

Sadly, AFAIK in 1/72 there are only the old Revell molding and another from the 2000s by Paula (short-run with resin details) which I assume is OOP. Not good for such an important aircraft built in large numbers (over 10000), used by several Air Arms, and still flying around.

Revell released some years a nice kit in 1/48, with plenty of details (including cabin), and they could downsize it to 1/72 (keeping most of the details, especially in the cabin).

Cheers.

I do everything from desktop so I can't really say how mobile works .
I imagine it should be the same but IDK .

Latest posts

Back