Bodes "Well" for the Maquis

Jeeves

This was a group build idea from MA based on the idea of taking a piece, in this case Monroe Perdu's Normandy Well and creating your own vignette or diorama around it. Love the idea and although I couldn't get a donated piece, Mike Bishop lowered the price of it for those who wanted to participate anyways. In addition to the well, I have figures from the Maquis set from Master Box, Tasca's Kubelwagen, and a pretty amazing tree I picked up at AMPS from Armand Bayardi. Posters on the well are made from web images and the leaf litter is thanks to Andy's awesome pine siskens. Thanks Andy!

4-19-11_041.jpg
4-19-11_042.jpg
Here is my scratch-built bread and sausage...
4-19-11_040.jpg
4-19-11_039.jpg

I like to have the background behind what I do for everyone even though I should let the piece speak for itself. This one was dedicated to my grandmother, Nana-- she was a young girl during the war living near Lyon. She started out as a nurse but then began to work for the Maquis. It started out as errands here and there, but then she began to help with rescues of downed airmen. She never mentioned any involvement in sabotage or more violent adventures...but I guess it was possible. In wartime, who knows?

She was betrayed by one of her fellow members and was captured. She was put into one of the concentration camps and treated harshly. She survived though and married a GI and came to America as a war bride. She was an amazing woman and thankfully for her, I am here now ;) The figure in the Master Box is nearly a dead ringer for her which gave me the idea.

The Maquis has captured this pair of Germans as they were parked waiting for a couple of young girls to share their spoils. They ended up with more than they could bargain for as the girl ended up having instead of another girlfriend...three friends with guns. The leader looks to be getting some valuable information while she looks on...and one gent has found some good stuff to confiscate and divvy up later!

That's the gist of it!

Hi Jeeves ,Thats a great little piece of history ,and a well put together dio to tell the story ,I like it ,keep it up ,looking forward to more :)

Chris.

Thanks again!

MilitaryAircraft101... You cant go wring with that Tasca kit...great detail including the engine compartment ...a good choice of schemes, and some good figures.

Grendels...thanks! The water inside is Realistic Water slowly built up and the stuff coming out the spouts is some clear plastic beading thread out of my daughter's craft drawer ;)

The modeling and the story go hand in hand. Nice that you have a connection to the diorama.

Really nice work.

Thanks Scott and Haggistom...

It certainly does make it more enjoyable for me when I am doing it for a good reason ;) Some of the most fun I have had is when I build something for a veteran...

Cool work Mike!
Great to meet you at the AMPS Nationals in Fredericksburg in April!
Are you a P.G. Wodehouse fan?

Frank Blanton

Hiya Frank...

I have heard of the novels and seen some of the episodes, but my nickname is actually a mix of my wife Janice's name and my last name- Reeves. :)

Thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back