Blending final color

wabass

I'm looking for techniques to blend different colors to help reduce starkness for lack of a better word. I'm thinking super thinned gray paint like a filter but i'm nervous about screwing up my work to date. I'm building the finemolds Slave 1 with the reddish brown lower hull and three green upper it's pretty eye catching. I'm hoping someone with more talent and experience can help me out with this.20131109_214916_zps50669c77.jpg

I would just find a grey filter to use, and airbrush over the whole thing.

Or....a trick we used in building armor to give it a dusty appearance was to take a color like Buff, and/or Deck Tan, thin it out about 20-1 thinner to paint (20 parts thinner, 1 part paint), and spray this over the lower part of the tank, building it up in layers and gives an over all dusty appearance.

Could do that same with a light grey paint, thin it out 20-1 (essentially making a filter) and spray it over the whole thing, the very thin grey will unify the colors somewhat and take away the contrast somewhat.

Be careful however, too much and you can change the richness of the colors already on there.

thanks, this is what i was thinking, just a little hesistant to overdo it and mess up what i like already.

If you are nervous I would even go 40:1. Do an even mist coat.....WAIT (as the effect will not be fully realized until it dries completely).... evaluate, and repeat if warranted.

Latest posts

Back