Bismarck

Wish i could make my. 1;350 scale New jersey turrets look like yours. ;D. How did you do it? If you don't mind me asking. That's great attention to details on the launches ;D can't wait to the next update :eek:

Hey model maker,

thanks so much for your kind words mate, im not the best with putty but i used is milliput, i take a small blob and wrap it around the base of the gun barrel and turret housing and then mold it shape with my fingers damped with water to get the basic shape, then with a tooth pick dipped in water you can add the creases to the canvas ;)

thats just one way you could do it, but always check your ref pics to see how far and low the blast bags hang, with the Iowa class turrets it seems the that the blast bags fit very snugly to the guns so maybe using thin foil for this might help mate

hope any of this is of help, and tell me how it goes if you try it on yours :)

thanks

Shane.

very cool looking so far love the launches will show you some hood pics just want to get some better ones taken

arohk said:
very cool looking so far love the launches will show you some hood pics just want to get some better ones taken

looking forward to seeing them, still working on the launches till the etch arrives, its a slow process with a lot of masking but its getting there

cheers

shane

if you are missing or there are pieces you need let me know I have pretty much most of the Tamiya's
kit not done, I decided I am going to do the revell one instead.That offer is open to anyone who also might be doing the same kit.

arohk said:
if you are missing or there are pieces you need let me know I have pretty much most of the Tamiya's
kit not done, I decided I am going to do the revell one instead.That offer is open to anyone who also might be doing the same kit.

I may need a part off ya if you have it, its one of the small cranes that are located behind the funnel wouldnt happen to have that part lying about by any chance ?

I should have it I will check I believe there are only 2 for the aircraft if I am not mistaken.

yip thats correct, ill get the part number to be sure, just have to dig up up the instruction sheet lol

arohk - the part in the question is part number G16

and if you have the heavy anti aircraft guns still lying around around ill trade you a revell FW 190 for them :)

HI All,

quick update for you all, its been raining here on the west coast of Ireland....surprise....surprise ::)
but that does give me the prefect excuse to spend a few hours over the bench. So I got another small but noticeable item of ship done which was a pain to get right.... the Ar 196 Floatplane

ar196_zpsef675c63.jpg[/URL]

Image for example purposes only blah blah blah

the kits versions are little basic but they the job fine for me, It was a bitch to paint, but Im happy with the end result, if you carefully I tried my hand at free handing the conpy frames which was tricky but adds to it. A photo etch prop blade is included in the etch set I have on order so that'll go once it arrives :)
no decals or markings some with it, but im not too bothered

P1110599_zps1a0792f4.jpg[/URL]

P1110603_zps120c29f1.jpg[/URL]

hope you like it,

cheers

Shane :)

Quaralane said:
That's one teeny-tiny little plane

thanks Quaralane, it was a tricky little demon to paint but I'm really happy with it, and should stand out well on the ships catapult

thanks,

shane.

I had ago at your strategy of doing the blast bags. It worked out well 8) i was absolutely astounded by the details it added thanks for that. Really enjoying your input on my new jersey build. What Will your next step for your build?
Sorry about my grammar.as Im using a phone ;D looking foward to your next update.

model maker jnr said:
I had ago at your strategy of doing the blast bags. It worked out well 8) i was absolutely astounded by the details it added thanks for that. Really enjoying your input on my new jersey build. What Will your next step for your build?
Sorry about my grammar.as Im using a phone ;D looking foward to your next update.

hey man, happy you found it helpful :)
The plan for the build at the moment is to begin detailing the sub assemblies with the photo etch set that arrived yesterday so over the next few weeks I will be slowly replacing the plastic molded details for etched parts starting with the guns. Hopefully I'll have some progress photos up very soon :)

cheers man,

shane.

Hi all,

quick update: look what arrived in the post today ;D

P1110782_zps5cc9ed37.jpg[/URL]

theres a lot of tiny details in the two frets included in the set which prove a challenge but will look great once fitted

P1110783_zps24d53438.jpg[/URL]

P1110785_zps625bf809.jpg[/URL]

cheers

Shane.

lots of etch . cant wait to see pics of model with etch. ;D :D
posted a couple of progress pics on my build if you haven't seen them

thanks bud,

I'll be starting on the etch soon, probarly will focus on the the guns first to get started :)

I'll pop over to your build to have a look :)

cheers mate,

Shane

Latest posts

Back