BF 109 T2 (Academy 1:48)

Fantastic finish Jason ;D ;D The streaking ,chipping and exhaust stains lift it to a whole other level !! excellent work my man . ... love it ;D The close up shot really shows the work in it ,and the IP looks brilliant .

Chris.

Wow. Thanks guys. :) :) :)
I appreciate it.

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Uhuu, hot bird, indeed. The final victory will be yours :)

Great work on her

NJG 101 Colors?

Yep - NJG 101. I was taking a look at my stash, and I didn't consider it earlier; but my aircraft stash seems to be predominately German WW2. More NJG (and still more mottling) in my future... ;D

Glorfindel said:
Nice Jason! Love the colors on this.

Thanks Glorfindel. The whole plane was painted with Vallejo paints. Vallejo has a Model Air paint set dedicated to German RLM colours. Easy to get the right colour.

Last night when I was posting - I was tired and I forgot to reply to these comments (sorry);

Chris S said:
Fantastic work Jason ,she looks great . I really like the underside ,the detail pops right out .Abit of weathering and she'll look lovely :) (I just picked up an old Matchbox1/32nd 109 ;D )

Chris.

Thanks Chris. Maybe we should consider an Axis GB after the BSC? I've an Ar 234 I'm itching to start...

rookie said:
Looks awsome, the box art shows the red snakey stripe down the nose. Is that a decal or need to paint it on ? I think it looks pretty cool how it is

The red snaky stripe is a decal (actually about 4 decals). I think it looks cool too, the reason I went with other scheme was I felt that the wing camouflage scheme was a little beyond my free airbrush comfort zone at the time.

Jason

An Axis GB ;D ;D ;D ;D Sounds like a plan to me . It will give me the excuse to do some super detailing on the Matchbox 109 ;D ;D

Chris.

Hey Chris,
Was that Matchbox 109 the same one that Scott M over at ECH had put up for sale?

Latest posts

Back