BF 109 T2 (Academy 1:48)

Thanks Jim.

The splinter is not too bad on this one, so the second mask only took about 45 minutes. Not bad at all. My thought on masking the scheme twice, was that I didn't want to cover the original pre-shade too much. I wanted to have it show through both colours more or less equally. Guess instead of masking twice, I could have re-applied the shaded panel lines over the first colour after the first mask. Note sure which would have been easier.

The mottle is done, and I've sprayed the plane with future. I'll start the decals some time in the next few days (time permitting). Still lots of detail painting to be done. But I'm getting closer to the end of this one.

Jason

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tidy work Jason ,nice mottling :) ,she looks ace buddy . Looking forward to the decs .

Chris.

Thanks Chris, means a whole bunch. :)

I started the decals tonight - sorry no pictures. Two of the wing German crosses, big progress... ;D
I'll post some pictures when I have a little more than two decals on the model.

Jason

Jason,
The splinter and mottled camo schemes look sweet. Way to go! Can't wait to see the decal
work. Good luck. Bill

Thanks Bill.
PANZERMAN said:
Can't wait to see the decal work.

You got your wish. ;D
I finished up the last decals tonight...

Ah, I see!

This must be what Daffy called the - "mess of Messerschmitts!

But in all seriousness, excellent model! The "One-Oh-Nine" is no Spitfire [ ;)], but yours surely looks nice!

[Now, you will of course put this in a flight diorama where the Spitfire shoots it down right? ;D
I keed, I keed!]

Oh yeah ;D The decals really bring it to life dont they :) , Looks great Jason .

Chris.

Thanks Fruit and Chris. Yep the decals really add a lot. :) This kit had fantastic decals; the colour was solid, they responded nice to the setting and solvent solutions. Some of them were tiny & I had problems placing them- but for the most part I'm very happy with the end result.

I finished up the panel line washes and the second gloss coat. I'll begin weathering it up along with the Skyrocket.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look, comments are always welcome.

Jason

She's coming along sweet JMac. Nice panel lines....I always like when they pop on the surface, they add so much to the contour.

Looks awsome, the box art shows the red snakey stripe down the nose. Is that a decal or need to paint it on ? I think it looks pretty cool how it is

Fantastic work Jason ,she looks great . I really like the underside ,the detail pops right out .Abit of weathering and she'll look lovely :) (I just picked up an old Matchbox1/32nd 109 ;D )

Chris.

Thanks for all the supportive and kind comments. :) :) :)

I'm calling this one done. Tried out and new photo set-up today. :)

I weathered it with oils, pastel chalk, and a Vallejo pigment. Not sure if I'm using the pigment correctly...got better results from my old stand by chalks. The only real problem I had with the build recently, was during painting I broke off the antenna mast., I tried to carefully glue it back into place; but when I removed my masking today I found that the glue had seeped under my masking tape. this left NASTY scar mark on the rear canopy piece. I tried to sand and gloss it out as best I could...

Now to finish up the Skyrocket.

Thanks for looking and following along with this thread / build. Comments are always welcome.

Jason

Few more pictures.

Thanks for looking and following along with this thread / build. Comments are always welcome.

Jason

Uhuu, hot bird, indeed. The final victory will be yours :)

Great work on her

NJG 101 Colors?

Latest posts

Back