bf-109 Airfix 1/48

Big Red Bull

Hey guys, this is my latest creation, bf109 Messersmitt. It 1/48 Airfix kit, this was my first airfix kit, and they have come along way. Great kit, parts fit is great, good detail only downfall is the decals there alittle thick, and dont lay down with the decal solutions. but other than that there great, Ill be building the seafire when it gets back in stock. Later
Tom
100_0454.jpg

100_0458.jpg

100_0457.jpg

100_0457.jpg

and one more.
100_0454-1.jpg

Great finish on that ! The 'new' Airfix kits are real nice are'nt they ! I did find the decals a little thick too ,but I found letting the Micro Sol sit on them for a while helped them settle in .

Im going to have to get this one as well now ...lol

Chris.

As the price of kits go today Chris, Airfix has a great line of kits in 1/48 scale, for less than 20.00 bucks us. And thanks for the comments, If u get the 109 i think you will love it. Later
Tom

That turned out great. Man, I love the yellow nose. What a great scheme.

Nice weathering too. Looks just right.

Nice work BRB. Airfix have really stepped up to the plate with their new moulds. Well done on a really top lookin 109.
cheers,
FW190

Nicely done Tom. I've got Airfix's Sea Harrier in the final stage - decals from that kit didn't seem to thick and settled down well with MicroSol for me as well. On a side note - they absolutely MELT when touched by a finger with a drop of Tamiya extra thin cement... :(

Latest posts

Back