Best Kit Ever

lobo734

So here's the start of a thread that hopefully makes everyone think and is guaranteed to make some laugh, some cry and angry others.
So the question I pose to you is this. What is the best kit ever made and why?
Please be descriptive. Is the kit the best because of detail, the fit, ease of construction, the decals, your mom made it, whatever.

Halinski Sherman, no contest!

The model is in 1:25, so the finished product is massive! The detail is absolutely through the roof - every piece of wire, dial and even right down to the firing mechanism is there. And no Sherman model - at least one that is on the mass market - can compete with it. The fit is superb, though the builder is subject to a grueling amount of hours by simply cutting pieces from the pages.

It's a bang for one's buck - running for $30-40, and at 15,000 + parts.

Simply the best kit EVER. It certainly represents the PINNACLE of model kit design.

In Sci-Fi its the Fine Molds Y-Wing because of the fit and about everything.

Real World.. I would say, the 1:32 (1:48, too) Tamiya F-16CJ. It fits like a dream and has a great ammount of detail.

I have not found the best kit ever yet. I hope I never do, it'd be boring.

However, one of the best is Cyberhobby's 1/48 BF-110. Packed full of fine details, stunning decals, great box art, excellent build options, and solid directions.

Next up would be Tamiya's 1/48 and 1/32 A6M5a. Just amazing kits out of each box.

I'm ganna have to say Fine Molds 1/72 Falcon (Ducks..), people complain about it not being 100% accurate but I say meh to that. It goes together great, the amount of detail is incredable and it's my fav ship from my fav movie. Now......
storm-troopers%20move%20along.jpg

Merseajohn is faster then me ;D
I'd vote for the 1/72 FineMolds falcon as well. Haven't built this one yet though, but it is going to be the project of all my dreams one day ;)

Solander said:
I'd vote for the 1/72 FineMolds falcon as well. Haven't built this one yet though, but it is going to be the project of all my dreams one day ;)

That is flawed thinking. If you own it, build it. 8)

Tamiya keeps raising the bar every year. I never thought Id see any better kit than thier 1/20 Williams FW24 kit, the fit and engineering of that kit was fantastic, with detail never seen before in an injection molded car kit. then they came with the 1/32 Zeros, I've never seen on in person but everything I've read about it is a win. Oh but then thier 1/32 F-16s hit the market... :eek:

The 1/32 Viper was super nice, well engineered, incredibly well detailed but pricy. No prob, Tamiya gives us the same kit in 1/48 scale. Now were talking, plus, they realease this one in several different flavors including a Thunderbirds and an Aggressor. If that wasnt enough, they just about put the industry on it head when they released the 1/32 Spitfire Mk IXc and a few other Spitfire Variants. Not satisfied with that, they give us the 1/32 P-51D that built on the Spitfire's innovations. Its the pinnacle of my stash for sure, I cannot wait to cut into its sprue bags and get going on it.

Now Tamiya's flagship model has been totally redone, has to be the best ever detailed ship model ever produced, the IJN Yamato in 1/350, I want one, I also want an income that would allow me to afford one. :-[

Gundamhead said:
Solander said:

That is flawed thinking. If you own it, build it. 8)

Yep, I'd completely agree with these words. No need to put away for tomorrow that what can make you happy today.
But there are to many kits that are making me happy right now - I just have to make some priorities -I won't wait too long with this one or anyhow try to prolong that wait, no way :)

This is a very hard Question to answer !

I have the FMMF and yes it seems very well engineered ! The FM Y wings were amazing to put together because of the Hiding the seams with other parts... that was Innovative !! so its on my list as well !

The New 1/32 Tamiya airplanes are just Wicked ! as mentioned below ! Hard to beat that !

and Trumpeter... it getting better and better.... especially with their New M1129 MCV-B Stryker.

Hard for me to pick one !

The best one i've seen has to be Eduard 1/48 MiG-21. Crisp detail, shape and detail accuracy, parts breakdown, plus PE and painting masks for the profipack edition. Also nice decals - i know that you have an option to build MF variant in 6 different markings/paint schemes and they chose the most attractive ones too... And everything for about 40e (where i live)...

But on the other hand i haven't built many kits and also i am very biased because i am emotionally attached to Russian aircraft for some reason ;D ;D .

Cheers!

i Dont think there is any one Best kit out there, i could tell you this kit is the best ever and you go buy one but you may not like building armor/sci or or what ever so it depends on what you like i think

the Best one ive built since coming back to modeling has to be the Tamiya Dragonwagon mainly because it was a lota fun to do

Hmm, I don't have that much experience to go on here. I have read that the Tamiya P-51 Mustang is the best engineered kit ever. Soup to nuts perfection. That, and a guy I bumped into at my LHS mention he thought it was the best kit he had ever built. (helps that he was also 15-20 yrs. older then me and had far more modeling experience).
Tamiya aircraft like Norm mentioned. I'm working on that Buffalo and all the seams seem tight and the joins true, so with that I've thrown my hat into the ring.

I love my Falcon, but mine's a 1/144 FineMolds Falcon. A little smaller, but lighter on teh wallet. Still haven't finished that one yet ;P

What makes a kit the 'best' kit?

However, my favorite kits are probably Tamiya's 1/48 WWII stuff, because they are nicely detailed and go together with ease, and Dragon's new 1/32 and 1/48 Bf 110s for the same reasons (though the instructions are awful.)

PharmPony said:
What makes a kit the 'best' kit?

However, my favorite kits are probably Tamiya's 1/48 WWII stuff, because they are nicely detailed and go together with ease, and Dragon's new 1/32 and 1/48 Bf 110s for the same reasons (though the instructions are awful.)

Makes a mental note to stay away from the Dragon's new 1/32 and 1/48 Bf 110s LOL.

Latest posts

Back