Best 1/48 Spitfire Kit?

willypd

Hey everyone
I just got an e-mail from a fellow modeler. He wonders what the best 1/48 spitfire is.

Discuss....

Never built a spit by them, but I'd be willing to wager that one of the top kits would be Tamiya

Before Eduard came out with their series, I would have to have said either the Tamiya or ICM kits.

However now that Eduard's kit is out in a couple of different versions. Best on the market hands down.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Before Eduard came out with their series, I would have to have said either the Tamiya or ICM kits.

However now that Eduard's kit is out in a couple of different versions. Best on the market hands down.

I assume the Eduard Royal Class kit is completely sold out and impossible to restock.

The Royal Class yes out of production now.

You can get separately a

Mk.IXc Late,
8281_00.jpg

Mk.IXc Early,
8282_00.jpg

Mk.IXe,
8283_00.jpg

and a Mk.VIII
8284_00.jpg

No doubt there will be other variants out from them eventually as well.

I figured as much. I'd like to build either of the Canadian variants. Something about those beer barrels…

r0008-n.jpg

r0008-o.jpg

Well Derek, it was one way to make use of those ferry missions. ;D

Jim

The first kit the Mk.IXc Late has 2 schemes for a CDN pilot. Jerry Billing, 401 Squadron, just a matter of finding some proper size barrels.

Verlinden does make a 1/35 set of wooden barrels in different sizes, likely some there that would be the right size for a 1/48 barrel.

I loved building the Tamiya Mk 1-2 kit, great kit, a nice relaxing easy build.

Just read that Eduard is adding a Mk XVI to their catalogue, I think it'll come boxed with parts to build a razor back or bubble top. Can't wait for that one.

Latest posts

Back