Beobachtungsbereich (probably the hardest username EVER to pronounce)

Beobachtungsbereich

Prep for STAB....STAB ON!
A bit about myself; Armour Crewman since 1988 having done a few tours to both Bosnia and Afghanistan.

Last tour I was commanding a Leo2A6(M) in Ma'sum Ghar. Seen some stuff, did some stuff.

I'm just getting back into the hobby after a 10 year hiatus. I was told about this site from the owner of the local modeling shop.

Just got done buying enough kits in order to build an exact replica of my tank from the last tour.

Bought the Hobby Boss 1:35 Leo2A6 CAN. It has so many glaring issues with it that I had to go and get:

Perfect Scale
- Leo2A6M CAN Barracuda resin conversion kit (35071)
- Leo2A6M CAN "Upgrade Kit" resin and PE conversion kit (35068)

Real Model - Slat Armour set (RMA 35219) (there are going to be lots of modifications to it)

Bronco's 1:35 Leo2 workable track

That being said, the owner of the hobby shop will be seeing my face on a regular basis for all kinds of supplies as I'm going to be working at this project for some time.

Good thing is I have loads of pictures of my old ride and video of us rolling into harms way to refer to. I also have loads of pictures from our workup training at the Panzertruppenschule in Munster, Germany.

I also have a Sherman Firefly to work on prior to going at my tank full on, just to get back into the swing of things so to speak. Especially airbrushing and doing washes and dry brushing.

I'm also getting into the 1:16 scale tank world as well. A wee bit more expensive that 1:35 so say the least.

Looking forward to reading all the tips and tricks from everyone here.

Regards

Good afternoon, "Beobach" etc + etc + etc... (yeah, dude, what a nick the one you´ve got... I´ll take a Ph.D. in German Philology to learn how to pronunciate it ;D ).

It´s the firts time I give my "welcome" here @ SMA, so...

Welcome to SMA, Panzertruppen Modelling Mate ;)

I´m hoping to see that LEO... I´ll follow, OK?

See you, lad,
RG ;)

It means "arcs of observation" more or less in Deutch.

I'll be posting a step by step build when I get into the weeds of it. Again, I need to do a wee bit of practicing prior to tackling it.

Regards

Er zielte durch eine kleine Öffnung in der Frontplatte und ein V-förmiger Ausschnitt im Dach über dem Raum des Fahrers wurde vorgenommen, um ihm einen größeren Beobachtungsbereich zu ermöglichen....

Beobachtungsbereich. Beobachtungsbereich... sounds easy to me....

Observation area. Beobachtungsbereich... 8)

Panzer feuer!!! Welcome to SMA. Glad to have you aboard..

P.S. Try this: Sd.Kfz. 232 Spähwagen (6-Rad) ::)

Think I'll stick to Beob ...if thats ok ;D Welcome to the Herd buddy ,Sounds like you are jumping right in with a big project ...good luck with it ,I look forward to seeing ...soon . You'll find lots of help on the site ,if you need it ;)

Chris.

Chris S said:
Think I'll stick to Beob ...if thats ok ;D Welcome to the Herd buddy ,Sounds like you are jumping right in with a big project ...good luck with it ,I look forward to seeing ...soon . You'll find lots of help on the site ,if you need it ;)

Chris.

I definitely will be seeking out some advice and tips!

None of the paints I used years ago are readily available anymore in my local area, so I will be using Vallejo for all my washes and paint for the first time.

Regards

Elm City Hobbies said:
Glad you decided to give SMA a shot, welcome aboard, you won't be disappointed!!!

I'm always interested in the modeling community. There wasn't anything like this when I was still doing the hobby. The only time I talked to anyone about it is at shows. Then it was mostly egos that desperately needed to be stroked, which had me turned off until a while ago when the bug bite yet again.

Decent people who genuinely want to help someone out is a refreshing change from the military sites I frequent.

Anytime I can help out someone on accuracy on Armour, I'll chime in. I've crewed everything in the past 22 years and restored stuff (real tanks/ carriers/ armour cars) from WW2 on.

Thanks again for pointing me at this site.

Regards

BEOB ,

Can I call ya' BEOB ( Bee-yob ) ??

Welcome to th HERD I'm lookin forward to th Models Bro !! Yes, as CHRIS mentioned .... You'll find Tons of help over in th Armor Forum , .... well pretty much all over th Site !! The Guys are Awesome ! No B.S. ... just scraping plastic & Building 3-D snap shots from Our Imaginations !

Questions .... Let 'em rip ... Where Brothers & Sisters in Styrene & We pick each other up from time to time & Help in Get'r Done !!

So , C'Mon in & pull up a chair & let's scrape some plastic !!

I also thank you for your Service !! Even though I'm from South of th Border ( U.S.) I appreciate everything ALL that You Guys have given over there in th Worlds Sand Box & abroad !!

Will Hoge: Bible vs Gun/ These times are changing

HI Beobachtungsbereich,
or Beob. :)
Welcome aboard. I am still fairly new here. I joined this last spring.
I really enjoy it here. Like you, I couldn't find anyone who enjoys building models anymore.
But this site is loaded with people who enjoy the hobby! :D they are all really informative, helpful, and genuinely nice.
And some have the skills to produce Museum quality pieces!!!!!! :eek:

Beob,
that video is pretty kewl. Such high definition!
I never knew that tanks could double as Tractors, but I should have guessed. :)

Thanks all for the warm invite.

I've already taken a few photos of the Bronco tracks before and after. My eyes ache even doing a few dozen or so shoes. I'm taking my time on the smaller bits for now until I get back into the swing of things.

Once I get some time I'll start posting and doing a play by play so to speak. I'm doing a replica of a recently deceased relative's Firefly that he crewed during WW2 with the 8th Hussars, so it'll be a while.

Regards

Latest posts

Back