Beargguy Ver Shmee

Squee

This will be my first display piece here! I still have a few things i want to do to the display, but apparently American stores no longer sell metal jacks like they did when i was a kid. Only rubber ones. ^o) Anyways, this kit is inspired from my online moniker. If you've ever read the JTHM or Squee graphic novels, you'll get it.

The original way it was supposed to look:
04-Beargguy(1)-500x500.jpg

HG 1/144 Beargguy from the series Gunpla Builders Beginning G

Based on:
vyo9cz.jpg

I could have done more to make it more accurate, but i wanted to leave something from it to remember that it is gundam related. ^_^

2aj9zeb.jpg
2cfb315.jpg
nfn1gj.jpg
15d4e46.jpg
2h2kt39.jpg

In some of the pictures, you can notice the led's are kind of bleeding under the eye area. I can't fix this but it doesn't bother me as much as i thought.
33vjazo.jpg

Here's where the switch is located for the led's
bhhhl0.jpg

And here's a video i made showing Work In Progress Pictures and more closeups. I wish i would have had the foresight to take a picture of the unbuilt kit next to a newspaper so i could enter it into the spring contest. Would a reciept for the purchase be enough? lol

Beargguy Ver. Shmee

I gotta say ...I love it too ;D, great work buddy and something completely different !

Chris.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

@java: I could do better now that i know what i did wrong. I really should have made sure that the light wouldn't bleed out through the cuts i made underneath. :-[

If you have a receipt showing you bought this after April 1st that will prove you didn't start it before. No problem there.

Cant believe Im just now seeing this. Awesome. so awesome. right up my alley. Im a huge Jhonen Vasquez fan. i love it when comics and models collide. Keep up the great work.

Coooooooollll....... 8)
A friend showed me the Bearguy about a month ago. We were discussing of all the different conversions you could do to it.
Nice job

Thanks for the new comments guys!

@DXM: Yea this thing has endless possibilities!
@whiskee: When my sister came over, she tried to steal it from me! lol
@Scott: I failed, threw away the reciept. :-[ :)

Latest posts

Back