Battle of Kursk

Elm City Hobbies

I built this probably 3 yrs ago (maybe 4). It was for a theme we had at our local CAMS model show, Battle of Kursk.

There were actually 2 dioramas being made....while mine had a T34, crew bailing out and running from attacking Germans, by friend was going to do the opposite, a knocked out PzIV, crew bailing out and running from attacking Russians. I finished mine, he never has.

Tamiya T34/76, Model Kasten tracks. Figures are all from Masterbox. The birch tree is scratch built using wire for the trunk and branches, plaster for the body of the tree, painting, and the a set of Kamizukuri laser cut paper Birch leaves and branches used. Woodland Scenics for the grass and such, rock wall from rocks in the driveway. Lupins were hand made using an article I found in a book somewhere. This was my first (and only so far) large diorama, needless to say I don't do many dioramas like this due to lack of space to display them...lol...and the fact that I think I suck at it!

IMG_1208-vi.jpg

IMG_1208-vi.jpg

IMG_1211-vi.jpg

IMG_1212-vi.jpg

IMG_1213-vi.jpg

IMG_1214-vi.jpg

IMG_1215-vi.jpg

IMG_1216-vi.jpg

IMG_1217-vi.jpg

IMG_1218-vi.jpg

ScarredKustoms said:
This is a big Dio... Looks great, Love all the action in it.

Yeah, that was one of the faults of it I was told....that it was too big for what I had on it....not sure how to shrink it down, but still have the room to show the action. I suppose I could have added more trees and bushes and such to fill it in.

The firures are well painted. Love the russian tankers but what hits the T-34? Cant see any hit or mine-damage?!

Chiefpettyofficer said:
The firures are well painted. Love the russian tankers but what hits the T-34? Cant see any hit or mine-damage?!

Yeah I should have a closer picture of it, but pic 6 & 7, follow the fuel leak up to the fuel tank...took a panzerfaust round to just below the tank, blowing the upper part of the tank away, as well as taking out the engine, trail of spilled fuel as it ground to a halt.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Yeah I should have a closer picture of it, but pic 6 & 7, follow the fuel leak up to the fuel tank...took a panzerfaust round to just below the tank, blowing the upper part of the tank away, as well as taking out the engine, trail of spilled fuel as it ground to a halt.

Aha, i can see. I had to use my nose glasses, maybe :))

Thats a nice little dio ...well put together and painted . Tells a good story ,like every good dio should ,nice bit of action going on ...love it ;D

Chris.

I think it looks great, as for its size, if you have room for it, then it is just fine as it is. That is part of the creative process, making things the way you see them.

Cool battle scene

Love the hit to the fuel tank. The fresh spill down to the ground is a nice touch. Dont worry about size. Just let creativity flow.

Frank Blanton

Good Job !! I like th sense of Urgency & Motion in this scene !! It's better than seeing just 2 guys with a tank ... One is usually pointing ! lol

Cool Scene !! I too like th Pills ! Great Eye for Detail !!

ERIK

Latest posts

Back