Basic to Rusting and weathering

Top Notch T

This is truly inspirational.

Been thinking one day I might attempt a wreak. I was given a while ago a Tamiya 1:20 scale Porsche 928s
and was partially put together with what looks like 20jars of builders glue especially on the windows.

Any Ideas, I will put up some photos of the sate of the kit soon when I get my camera fixed.

Cheers
Gav

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thaks for the kind words Gav!!! Think you should definately give it a shot! I did some checking and the 928 was mostly Galvanized with the exception of the doors and hood which were aluminum.....imideately we need to change some peeds here....HIGH GEAR now!! :eek:

For discussion purposes only:
vid2115291_getpicturepicsgetpicture.aspx_pidid=20771057&SIZE=FU_shadowbox.jpg

Few more pictures of this beauty are HERE Maybe through in some burnt tires in the front..........Like: (not a 928 but you get the picture 8) )

Again, for discussion purposes only:
burned+porsche1311126013.jpg

This was found HERE There a a bunch of sweet shot of some rusted Porches!!

The Galvy would rust and the aluminum would pit and in a burnt scene there is the nice melting and so forth!!

Say the word and I'm in!! LOL!!! Staart a thread and have at it!!! I will lend a hand where I can and I am sure some others will be there along the way!!

All else fails..........

Discussion purposes only:

M1A2-Abrams-crushing-Porsche-928-623x389.jpg

Not sure where to get a 1/20th Abrams, but it's the thought that counts!! ;D

Hey that last one was from Hamster's new show (well new to me), I thought he was going to cry when he had to drive over it!

This is awesome! I am just getting to the point where I'm going to do this on my tank and was wondering how. Thanks for posting.

Thank you!! Hope it helps some. There so many different methods and styles to achieve rusting results. Play around a bit and practice and you will find a method you are comfortable with. This is a great starting point....enjoy!!!!! ;)

I am trying it out as we speak. I am weathering the mine plow on my M1A2. I've got a base down and cant wait to see the end results!

Ohhh, Sweet!! I am a bit behind on looking around..........yup, found your thread!!! ::) Heading over to check it out!! The biggest problem with chipping and rusting is once you start......there is no stopping!!! LOL!!!! ;D Good luck!!! ;)

By seeing you post, you are up and running from the storm....at least in some fashion!!! I hope all is well for you and yours!! Take care!!!

THE NEW ONE said:
it looks like you took the truck with you and shrunk it, cuz it looks amazing

Thanks a bunch...most appreciated! Glad to see you like it!! ;)

Thanks again Anthony! ;) Looking forward to you starting too!! Drop me a PM if you can in case I am in LA LA Land!! ;D

Hi Lucas!!! Welcome on board the SS SMA... ;D ;D ;D

I'm kind of like a bad rash...show up from time to time; you can scratch, use ointment and take meds but seem to keep coming back!! ::)

Enjoy the site, there are some fantastic modellers from all over...many familiar faces as well!! Like one big travelling family!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back