Bardiel - Complete

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
This is the one of the two kits that I am currently building (the other is a 1/72 SPAD – I bounce back and forth between them). It’s a mech from a Japanese anime called Neon Genesis Evangelion. A friend sent me the kit while he was living in Japan. I’ve never seen an episode but I think this mech looks cool. So far I’ve put the main subassemblies together, and given them a light base coat of flat gray, before painting some local areas white. After the white paint had dried I used Mr. Hobby Liquid Mask, to make off the white panels. Then everything was given a bunch of coats of Tamiya Nato Black. That was finished up on Tuesday.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: Bardiel

I just picked up 2 similar kits in the last few days. I like how yours is turning out.

Thanks,
I'll have an update with some more pictures tomorrow. Bandai made a series of kits in various sizes, which did you get?

Well let's have a look here. I bought the GN-006 Cherudim Gundam, Celestial Being in 1:144scale. It is a fighting action kit, so the limbs and torso are poseable after construction. I also bought him a buddy GN0000 00 Gundam Celestial Being.

Cool. The Bandai Gundam kits are fun builds.

Here is where I'm at today. Second black added to the areas not covered by the armor plates.

The lighter grey back armor and panel lines are done. The gloss coat has been giving me more grief than usual, and needs some touch ups after assembly (many edges of the mating parts gouged the gloss, and I found some other smudge/dust flaws from when it was drying). I have not worked on the hands or the bottoms of the boots because, I've run out of paint :-\

And the head still needs some details colours added...

That looks cool. Kinda "skinny" compared to all the other mechas out there. :D

I like it too elend. Looks a little more organic. I was looking at some of the youtube videos for this series and the mechs/technology looks cool. Maybe try scratching a helicopter or some thing else someday.

I finally got the missing bottle of paint, andhave finished the hands (I missed a seam on a thumb however :-[ - oh well next time). Details, the black panel lines, and the touch ups are also done. Just a flat or satin coat and I'm calling this one done.

Not much has happened here this week. It's been a week of super fun family stuff, but no super fun model building. And this weekend is out of the question because...I'm going fishing with a friend ;D

That's good advice. I will. It's just that I have a back-log of cool projects I would like to start (all of us do -I think). I keep telling myself I won't buy another kit until I finish one, it hasn't worked yet - four of them in process. ;D

JMac

Here are some new pictures of my Bardiel build. Can't say this has been my favorite build, I thought I was finished weeks ago, but it has been an endless series of touch-ups. Every time the models joints moved, some of the colours around the joint would get gouged. I tried rounding/breaking offending edges and surfaces. Now I've decided I'm not moving it out of that pose - ever. Sigh,

Oh well, win some...

I'm calling it done (for now) and spending more quaility time with my SPAD build.

Two more pictures.

Thanks.

I like the look of it too, it's different than the usual giant robot mecha goodness you see around. I would like to build another, maybe one of the larger scaled kits.

Yeah it looks more human like. Really clean paintjob you have put on this one. Congratulations. Looks great. 8)

Thanks,

The masking went really well, I used a liquid mask for the first time. I was thinking I should have weathered it, given all the great work I've seen posted around NerdHerdForum. But...I'm new to pre/post shade hi-lighting with an oily side of dry brushed chalks (and I wanted to be done ;D ). What kind of weathering should a 40 meter tall, alien possessed living robot have?

I'll dive into the weathering pool a little more next time.

Latest posts

Back