Bandai Star Wars Vehicle Model 1:44 Gold Squadron Y-Wings

stevethefish

My name's actually not Steve
tumblr_pf5hctupe91uovh9bo4_1280.jpg

Bandai Star Wars Vehicle Model 1:44 Gold Squadron Y-Wings
September 16th, 2018

Here are Gold Leader, Gold 2 (aka Gold 5), and Gold 3. Lost primary, lost conscience. They came from behind!
I painted all of these with Mr. Color 338 Light Gray (FS36495) as this is the color indicated by the Fine Molds painting guide (it also calls for the Millennium Falcon and the TIE Fighter to be painted as such as well).

tumblr_pf5hctupe91uovh9bo10_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_pf5gx1v3mi1tof5ad_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_pf5h4jLYgX1tof5ad_1280.jpg

Each of the Y-Wings has different colorings. For Gold 5 I painted the pipes with Mr. Hobby Aqueous H-34 Cream Yellow. I’m rather fond of the yellow piping on this one and I’m proud that I managed to hand-paint this detail without messing up.

I used optivisors and my Army Painter: The Psycho paint brush to paint the tiny details on the astromechs. Gold Leader’s R2 unit was easy since it’s just plain silver. All I had to do was paint the black eye lens. Gold 5 has a white R2 with orange red detail, and Gold 3 has a white one with blue trim. The rest of the coloring for the Y-Wings was handled with decals.

I finished these last year. You can see more pictures with the full write-up on my Tumblr feed here:

Latest posts

Back