Bandai Star wars release schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
adampolo13 said:
Oh yeah, Revell kits are pretty sucky for sure. Shame on them for not making better models!

I agree here, but Adam I only see one problem with your argument, Revell kits are not banned in Japan, and can be freely purchased. If Disney was doing this, then I would expect both Bandai to be banned in the US and then Revell to be banned in Japan. It is a one way ban only.

Whoever is responsible, Revell is taking it for this. That is for sure.

Grendels said:
Whoever is responsible, Revell is taking it for this. That is for sure.

For sure! The only one this ban is hurting is Revell. BanDai will continue to sell kits and those in the U.S. that want them will buy them from eBay etc. Sure they won't be in the LHS but I don't think that's much of the market these days anyway.

As I explained on FB, the Revell kits in Japan, are from the old license under Lucas Films, and are just left overs from that license.

You can't expect the re-sellers like HLJ just to stop selling what they have in inventory. If they can't sell it in Japan, they aren't going to sell any back to NA, as the difference in price and shipping won't make it worth it, so they will be allowed to sell out what they have left, but once they are gone, that is it.

Everyone is so quick to blame Revell for this.

Here is the way I look at it. Revell has had the NA and European license for all things Star Wars for about a decade (maybe longer, but at least that long), and it was issued all that time under Lucas Films. Fine Molds also had a license from Lucas Films to build and sell kits in the Japanese/Asian market, and no one from either Revell, Fine Molds, or Lucas Films gave a rat's a$$ if Fine Molds sold their product in NA/Europe, or Revell sold their product in the Asian market.

So why the change? The only thing that has changed is the company in Japan that now has the license for Star Wars, and the big gorilla called Disney that now owns all things Star Wars.

Doesn't take a math guru to put 2+2 together and realize that up until Disney bought Lucas, no one cared who's kits were sold where. Wasn't until they got their hands on them, and issued new licenses that the proverbial crap hit the fan.

Mickey needs a spankin'!!

Elm City Hobbies said:
Mickey needs a spankin'!!

You hit the nail on the head! The preverbial poo poo flows up hill in this case. Disney is the one callng the shots here.

I am still not sure about that. Without further information we may never know for sure who is to blame.

For one thing, Lucas did actively seek to stop sales of non-licensed products. Just ask Anigrand about their star destroyer......

And people in Japan have told me that they can get Revell star wars kits, including the new ones. Mainly from Amazon. That is not old stock.

Grendels said:
And people in Japan have told me that they can get Revell star wars kits, including the new ones. Mainly from Amazon. That is not old stock.

Great....you can also get Bandai SW kits via Amazon as well.

Can we PLEASE PLEASE drop this now?
No offense intended, but some of these threads are starting to sound like spoiled children throwing a tantrum after not getting their way.
It's starting to make this place a not-so-fun place to be, and that bugs me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back