Bandai Star wars release schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, they are slowly being pulled....

While it is just Revell defending their license, instead of shutting down the competition, why not make a better kit?

I am in a very competitive market with my business, and that is what we do. My competitors however are behaving like Revell, and trying to shut us down. It is slowly backfiring on them.

I am in for a Revell ban. I won't buy more of their kits, especially their crappy Star Wars kits.

Don't blame Revell, blame Disney, they are the ones that set the licenses the way they are.

Revell's line of kits are geared towards kids, hence the snap tite kits. Other than the reboxes of the Fine Molds kits which are due out later in the year.

Disney gave them the license for NA and Europe, they are just defending what is theirs. A bit different from your business. If you had the exclusive rights to do what your business does in your area, then fight for your rights, Revell is doing no different, but it is Disney that gave them those rights.

Have to agree with ECH here.
I don't like how it's coming down, sure.
But we have to be at least a little reasonable about this.

got a reply from HLJ - they are not allowed to sell Ep7 items outside Japan

so we should be able to continue getting BanDai Star Wars through out normal channels ...

if BanDai aren't allowed to sell Ep7 outside Japan, is Revell restricted to selling only in US and Europe ?

Revell statement:

Statement Revell and Bandai
We are massively confronted with the accusation that Revell invited Disney as licensor of the Star Wars license to prohibit Bandai selling Star Wars licensed products outside of Japan. This claim is plain wrong because we haven’t and won’t at no time take influence to the business matters of other manufacturers!
The truth is rather that each licensee, whether Revell or Bandai, is only be entitled to sell its licensed products under its own license contract and the countries agreed upon. These license contracts are concluded solely between the licensor Disney and the various licensees. We as Revell GmbH therefore aren’t allowed to sell our Star Wars products in Japan. On the other hand it is not possible for Bandai to sell its Star Wars products in the US and Europe, if these regions are not part of the contract.
Apart from that, we are convinced that a license like Star Wars lives from the wide variety of products and thus inspires young and old. Therefore we see the model kits of the company Bandai not as competition but as a supplement on the market for Star Wars model kits.

https://www.facebook.com/Revell/posts/1016212158424219

Zemmix said:
Revell statement:

We are massively confronted with the accusation that Revell invited Disney as licensor of the Star Wars license to prohibit Bandai selling Star Wars licensed products outside of Japan. This claim is plain wrong because we haven’t and won’t at no time take influence to the business matters of other manufacturers!
The truth is rather that each licensee, whether Revell or Bandai, is only be entitled to sell its licensed products under its own license contract and the countries agreed upon. These license contracts are concluded solely between the licensor Disney and the various licensees. We as Revell GmbH therefore aren’t allowed to sell our Star Wars products in Japan. On the other hand it is not possible for Bandai to sell its Star Wars products in the US and Europe, if these regions are not part of the contract.
Apart from that, we are convinced that a license like Star Wars lives from the wide variety of products and thus inspires young and old. Therefore we see the model kits of the company Bandai not as competition but as a supplement on the market for Star Wars model kits.

https://www.facebook.com/Revell/posts/1016212158424219

That should at least put rumors to rest!

It appears that all star wars kits will get the sales ban from Japan:

http://www.hlj.com/2015-bandai-star-wars-kits-campaign

We have until Sept 20 to place orders.

Zemmix said:
Revell statement:

Huh?

Looks like you can
http://hlj.co.jp/product/REV06675/Sci

J

Jaitea said:
Zemmix said:
Revell statement:

Huh?

Looks like you can
http://hlj.co.jp/product/REV06675/Sci

J

Not the same kits, those ones have been on the market for quite sometime, and likely are just what HLJ has left

HLJ has given worldwide customers until the 20th to purchase any remaining stock of SW BanDai kits. The unsold lots will be sold on their Japan/domestic site.

Grabbed up the X-wing and Y-wing...preordered the Boba Fett kit...I sure hope it's released before 9/20.

I haven't commented on this as the Star Wars thing doesn't get me riled up. What I can share with you, I have a client that makes children's toys and they have a license from Disney for Star Wars Products. Based on my conversations with my client I can almost guarantee that Disney is the one who initiated the ban not Revell. The license is all about power and Disney will enforce it no matter what. If Disney doesn't enforce this license it sets a precedent for later licenses etc. This whole thing is actually hurting Revell. I'm guessing if anything Revell is pissed as they know modelers will boycott them now...

well - Revell is being hit on multiple fronts - the licensing issue is just the stick that broke the camels back.

As Grendels points out in his rant - the kits are crap. why pay the cost of a BanDai kit, for a small count model kit, thats pre-painted and lacks detail.

I think we all can agree, that the main issue is the quality of the Revell kits.
And now, we have no choice thanks to the Licensing issue.

Are you able to shed some light why retailers are being hassled, when they don't have the licensing contract ???
Why are the retailers being told not to sell these items ???

don't know if this is due to the licensing or not - I contacted a Revell distributor here in Australia - they aren't selling the Star Wars Ep7 kits ...
so looks like we are stuff from both manufacturers ...
Buying from US isn't worth it, due to shipping being high ...

cobraleader said:
well - Revell is being hit on multiple fronts - the licensing issue is just the stick that broke the camels back.

As Grendels points out in his rant - the kits are crap. why pay the cost of a BanDai kit, for a small count model kit, thats pre-painted and lacks detail.

I think we all can agree, that the main issue is the quality of the Revell kits.
And now, we have no choice thanks to the Licensing issue.

Are you able to shed some light why retailers are being hassled, when they don't have the licensing contract ???
Why are the retailers being told not to sell these items ???

Retailers are doing what Disney tells them to. Disney tells BanDai, BanDai tells HLJ. HLJ is a stand up company that values their partnership with BanDai follows suit.

The issue here isn't really about Revell it's about Disney. They could care less about us modelers, we are a very very very small market for them and even if none of us buy Revell kits they won't fell any impact.

Oh yeah, Revell kits are pretty sucky for sure. Shame on them for not making better models!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back