Bandai Star wars release schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so while we are all waiting for the next Bandai announcement, heres some nice high res images of the Y-Wing that coming out at the end of the month:

10324686p.jpg
10324686a.jpg
10324686a2.jpg
10324686a3.jpg
10324686a4.jpg
10324686a6.jpg

......see, now doesn't that feel better?

J

Looks at least as good, if not better than the older Fine molds versioln.
That nose detail is great for diorama builders

Hey Rogue Leader posted this on StarshipModeller:

Bandai has updated its official page with product info on the Sandtrooper, release date for Slave 1 and confirmation of Boba Fett also due in September.

http://bandai-hobby.net/sw/schedule/index.html

01.jpg

02.jpg

pkg.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

I recon I'll go for the orange shoulder pad

J

Just to add,....about the Sand-Trooper,....I must be dumb,....but I didn't realise there were so many differences in the regular & sand costume

Edge shared a link over at SSM,....and it shows that Bandai have came through again with accuracy:

It looks like they nailed the Sandtrooper. I wasn't aware of all the differences but they were!

Site that shows off differences:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_sand-storm.htm

J

Yeah, someone or some entity has put a stop to worldwide sales of Star Wars Bandai kits. They are now a Japan-only model kit. You might still be able to get them off of eBay or Amazon through third party resellers for the time being though.

Speculation as to who ordered this is currently running rampant across the internets. :( Of course there is now a bank run on the still currently available Bandai SW kits.

I don't see this at Hobby Link Japan. You can still order most of the Bandai star wars kits.

I think from what others are saying, that HLJ will not sell any NEW Bandai kits overseas. Their Japanese website has the Resistance X-wing and Falcon up for preorder, but the international site doesn't. Time will tell...

someone really wants to shut down the model industry ...
Here in Australia, its hard to find Scifi kits, due to Wholesalers not being helpful. Sure I can find Tanks, Aircraft and Cars, but Sci Fi kits are rare to find.
Now if overseas sites are not selling to international customers, its going to make the hobby boring.
Japan is the most economical country to buy from - cost and shipping is alot cheaper than in country.

hmmm ... lets hope HLJ is just delaying selling on the international site.

just fired off a question to hlj - lets see what they say ....

Nothing to do with shutting down the model industry, and everything to do with licenses.

Revell USA has the Star Wars license for North America, and with a new line of kits coming out from them from now till Xmas, they rightfully so, don't want to have to compete with Bandai, and their line, whom only have the license for Asia I believe.

No different than Bandai putting the kibosh on Fine Molds reissuing their kits in the Asian market, as Bandai has the license now.

So no one is trying to kill the model industry, just 2 companies marking their territory.

Unreality said:
I think from what others are saying, that HLJ will not sell any NEW Bandai kits overseas. Their Japanese website has the Resistance X-wing and Falcon up for preorder, but the international site doesn't. Time will tell...

Oh Nuts.......

Grendels said:
Unreality said:

Oh Nuts.......
It's over

This quote from edge10 over at RPF:

From Hobby Talk:

This is the email I just got from HLJ:

Mark Kutsugi (HobbyLink Japan)

Jim-

Thanks for writing. Bandai's kits for "The Force Awakens" are unfortunately not able to be offered outside Japan, so are only on our domestic web site.

We're very sorry about this situation. Thanks very much for your understanding, and for shopping with us.

Best Regards,

Mark Kutsugi
HobbyLink Japan

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showpo...&postcount=250

eBay is the way to go,....more expensive though

J

amateurmodeler said:
So does that mean only Force Awakens kits or is it all of Bandai Star Wars kits?

I would assume that if the kits are on their International site, they are fair game. I take away from that it is only those models specific to the new movie, and not the first 6

Heads up. Many of the OT kits have been taken off the international HLJ site, like the Sandtrooper, R2, and Vader's TIE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back