Bandai MG 1/100 Nu Gundam

ExodusInside

Here's my second kit... the Nu Gundam. Pretty rad little kit... even comes with LED lighting. ( too bad the Unicorn doesn't come with it :( ) Here's my entry pic, and some background and boxart to follow.

IMG_20130305_021533_276_zpsb9429e5f.jpg

tumblr_mh379aKfF01ru6hifo1_1280_zps7cd04663.jpg

The ν Gundam was one of the most advanced mobile suits of its time in U.C. 0093, together with Char Aznable's MSN-04 Sazabi, designed and used by Amuro Ray himself during the Second Neo Zeon War. It was manufactured at Anaheim Electronics' Von Braun plant and completed in a short period of time (about three months) under the supervision of chief engineer October Saran. Its design is based on the average value of specifications of each successive generations of Gundam-type units from the the original Gundam to the ΖΖ Gundam, and updated with state-of-the-art technologies introduced at the time.
The ν Gundam's design also focuses on versatility and operational aspects as well as emphasis on reliability and durability for protracted battles. It adopts unitized parts that are designed according to EFF standards, except for the Psycoframe, for easier procurement of parts and materials and reducing special components as much as possible. It can be easily repaired due to maintenance feedback and combat data. In addition, it reflects Amuro Ray's experience as an MS pilot cultivated over the years.

Although its development was only partially completed at the time of its deployment, the ν Gundam proved itself to be a formidable mobile suit. The operating data obtained from the ARX-014P Silver Bullet (Funnel Test Type) and the YRA-90A μ Gundam were used in its development. It is the first Gundam-type machine to be equipped with Funnels. A newly developed MS control program is installed to account for the ν Gundam's center of mass during the separation and movement of the Funnel equipment.

Incorporating the Psycoframe technology secretly provided to Anaheim Electronics by Char Aznable of Neo Zeon, the ν Gundam was able to utilize Psycommu weapons and channel the emotions and mental energies of a suitable Newtype pilot. When combined with legendary ace pilot Amuro Ray's immense skill and experience, this powerful, state-of-the-art mobile suit was able to almost single-handedly hold the whole Neo Zeon force by just itself, and its Psycoframe was put to the test to determine the history of humanity living on earth.

IMG_20130305_022913_989_zps36d91191.jpg
IMG_20130305_022925_355_zps4dc4eb94.jpg
IMG_20130305_022940_226_zps46e6c742.jpg
IMG_20130305_023246_368_zps5530ea3e.jpg

Good times are afoot...

It's a great kit, with all the latest and greatest tech Bandai has. Want to see how it turns out.

Ravhin said:
It's a great kit, with all the latest and greatest tech Bandai has. Want to see how it turns out.

Have you assembled this kit before? I keep hearing mixed reports on the hands... seems the hands/knuckles have been pretty fragile.. I haven't removed them from the runners yet because I haven't started on it yet so I haven't been able to tell for myself.

Nope, it's still in the stash and likely to be there for a while 8) but if it's like the RG hands then sure they are fragile and care should be used handling them, but then care should always be used handling these things, as they are not action figures.

People complained when Bandai came out with fixed pose hands then they launch this and people complain again. Really if it's not one thing it will be another so I don't care what most people say. Someone will always be displeased with something.

These are going to keep you busy! I like the look of these; hopefully the mixed reviews on the hands don't pan out and you can get them together just fine!

Gotta love some Gundam baby! I've always loved these things and am looking forward to seeing the progress on this one... I've got my eye on it! :)

Latest posts

Back