Bandai AT-ST

Scott Girvan said:
Thanks for the interest guys. I think it will be a fun 'cup of coffee and a piece of cake' build.

mmm.... cake.

Have fun with your build.

Gotta say, I love coming to the site and finding my thread (that was only started 30 hrs ago) back a page or two. Great to see so much going on around here.

Work begins on the AT-ST. I have to say that this is a very easy build; dare I call it work at all. This, right here folks, is what this hobby is all about; stress free days of youth. All it has taken is snipping the part off the sprue tree, a very minor sanding of the gate and popping into place. No glue has been used so far although I do intend to tighten a few pieces up with a few drops.

4757.jpg

With the above 50% of the build stage complete this (below) is the only seam that needs filling.
4758.jpg

Detail is crisp throughout and, to my eyes, very accurate.
4760.jpg

The interior is very detailed. This photo gives you an idea of how the kit is engineered; layer upon layer. I haven't 'tightened' the parts together so that I can paint the interior prior to buttoning it up.
4759.jpg

Even pieces such as the large 'neck' are relatively flawless. The visible seam will no doubt disappear following an application of Tamiya Thin and a light sanding. Even the cables, cast in a somewhat rubbery, vinylish plastic, are basically flawless and I see no need to replace them with springs or guitar strings.
4761.jpg

This kit is fantastic. I'll be buying another one asap. Thanks for checking out the thread.

Clean work so far Scott. Looks like model fits itself pretty well. Glad to see there is not gaps and such. Makes it easier to progress for sure. Keep on working and good luck!

Nice work on this! I have to say I was skeptical of the Bandai kits at first, but they really stepped up and produced some excellent models. :)

Thanks for sharing! This thread is kind of like a build review, too...it's really the first more detailed account of the build thus far. There are a couple on KotF but it's really cool to see the steps you've outlined. Keep it up!

Like Nicholas said, this is a great review and build log.

Curious Scott, did you get it from HLJ using the standard shipping? (I'm getting super-anxious to get mine in and start it).

Looking awesome Scott the detail looks very clean keep up the hard work buddy

Dan B

Thanks for reading along guys. Trying to give everyone a good idea of what this kit is all about.

Unreality said:
Curious Scott, did you get it from HLJ using the standard shipping? (I'm getting super-anxious to get mine in and start it).
No, I paid for the 2nd to fastest shipping.- $16 for kit plus $16 for shipping.

It is a great kit, and your showing it off beautifully. Makes me want to start mine....

Nice looking kit, I had the impression Bandai were a little toyish, guees not.
I'll have to ad this to my want list...

Latest posts

Back