Bandai 1/72 Tie fighter

stretch

Straight OOB.
Painted with Tamiya colours.
I left the glass out because I liked the studio model feel like some of the others who made this kit already.
I thought it came out pretty nice.
Sorry about the average photo quality. It seems I cant take decent photos...

PB020217_zps9lqbsfcj.jpg
PB020218_zpst43ptvff.jpg
PB020219_zpsozlfs3en.jpg
PB020220_zpsxmamsny6.jpg
PB020222_zpspqclc0zm.jpg
PB020223_zpsijvze4vr.jpg
PB020226_zpsvf7j96rp.jpg
PB020228_zpsjp1fo8yr.jpg

I just about always leave the glass out of my builds. For some reason it just doesn't look right. I know when I built my snowspeeder I cut some replacement glass but it still didn't look right at this scale. Usually the included glass is always too thick and look chunky to me. But if you really need to put glass in your models, use a think plastic sheet from report covers. They are large, thin, and about the right thickness to scale! Great job btw! :)

LrdSatyr8 said:
I just about always leave the glass out of my builds. For some reason it just doesn't look right. I know when I built my snowspeeder I cut some replacement glass but it still didn't look right at this scale. Usually the included glass is always too thick and look chunky to me. But if you really need to put glass in your models, use a think plastic sheet from report covers. They are large, thin, and about the right thickness to scale! Great job btw! :)
Thank you very much. Yeah I like the look without the glass too. First time I've ever done that..I think it might happen again. I've got the Tie Advanced, the X-wing and a AT-St to go yet.

noc5659 said:
Very nice. What did u use for the wash? There are issued with bandai plastic

Thank you.
I gave it a couple of good layers of clear topcoat and didnt have any issues.
I used Tamiya panel line accent, but washed it all over, then took it off with a cotton bud.

Very nice job on this one. I like the colors. Once again I'm almost convinced to pick up 1:72 scale again. ;)

Very nice job!

BTW, what did you use to paint the black wing panels? They seem to shimmer like the panels on the studio models.

crowe-t said:
Very nice job!

BTW, what did you use to paint the black wing panels? They seem to shimmer like the panels on the studio models.

I think that was just Tamiya satin black with a semi gloss clear coat.

stretch said:
crowe-t said:
Very nice job!

I think that was just Tamiya satin black with a semi gloss clear coat.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back