Bad Kitty!! - Completed!

TRM

Hello folks!!

Time to pop this one up here. For the past... well, almost week, I have been working on a Panther. Born from a bit of frustration, I decided to just open this one and just BUILD!! I have brought this up to basically the fun part....paint!!! ;D So here, post my progress on getting this thing to look like something I have not even thought about yet!!! ??? (still trying to just go with the flow here...bare with me ;) )

The Kit:

1%252520001.jpg

Kit... gifted to me (Thanks Rob...you da man!!)...zero dollars, a set of working Bronco's...$15, and a PE Grill set...$5.50...a few hours of enjoyment getting my frustrations out destroying something....priceless!! 8)

Here is the set-up just before I began the painting process earlier tonight...

1%252520043.jpg

1%252520044.jpg

1%252520048.jpg

A needed to add a bit of...well, crap, to the inside. This is to ward off any pen lights for reflecting off the inside floor of the hull. BTW, it was crap...shaving from the road wheels and sprue nicks, left over styrene and you can see the Painter's Blue down there too!!! :D

1%252520051.jpg

Fianlly the mostly complete turret...

1%252520053.jpg

1%252520055.jpg

See where I'm headed yet? :p

Onto the bestest of the best part, Painting. This will not be an overnight and I'm done thing, but I will try and move along on this. Luckily, I have a project in the War Wheels GB. This will keep the hands occupied whilst the paint is drying.

First off.........The base!!

1%252520058.jpg

Please not the Totally Wicked AB in my paw there!!! Compliments of the SMA Contest!! Just arrived yesterday morning just in time for me to rip into this with it!! Woo Hoo!!

Next up, a bit of shading to the base....

1%252520062.jpg

Then onto the pre-game report...Here I added some early stages of damage. This will come in handy in a day or so as I move through some of these stages. (well I hope it will anyway ::) )

1%252520069.jpg

Plenty of more stages to go on this and I plan on just having some FUN with it!! Hope to have a bit more for you tomorrow at some point!! ;D

Thanks for stopping by for a bit!! ;)

Re: Bad Kitty!!

Thanks Spud!! ;) I'll try and not disappoint!! ::)

Nice AB T!

if you just got yours, mine should be here any day now. ;D

Nice work brother.

Holding back ..... Cool Kitty ! I'm lookin forward to see where this is goin' !!

Congrats on th New AB !!

Real junk tossed into the interior to simulate real junk in the interior. The concept is brilliantly simple and the effect is, well, effective. If any penlight ranger says that isn't realistic, please feel free to tie him up with an air hose and stuff him in the back end of an abandoned car. An innovative and creatively quirky new take on the classic "junk in the trunk".

Nice work with the fractured turret armor.

Nice to see this here T !....and looking mighty fine bro ;D....I like where this is heading ,great work as always fella ;)
I think my AB may take a while to get here :(

Go with the flow dude ;D

Chris.

@Big John - Thanks Buddy!! ;)

@Ken - Waz up?? Your AB can't be too far behind ??? Now I just need to pick up a couple quick-connects!! 8)

@ShutterAce - Yup, that would be about right ;) I will be spraying black, smoky stuff in there, but I am sure to hit it with some other things along the way here. I will make sure to post some pics of it as I go! ;D

@Erik - How's it goin' Brotha'?? ;D LOL, not holdin' back kid, only just beginning!! :eek:

@Grendels - Thanks John....appreciate it!! ;D

@ Mr. G - ;D ;D ;D In a nutshell!! ;) I like the idea of maybe stuffing one in the trunk...good times!! ;)

@Mr. S - Thanks buddy!! Glad you could join along! ;) I am hoping yours wouldn't be too far behind either ??? Maybe at least by weeks end!! (Damn USP!! :-X) Everything is flowing indeed...much better if I play dumb and just build....oh wait, I think I'm not actually playing dumb!! ;D

So much want to be home right now Spraying!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dont worry bud ..Its like a wheel barrow ....its always in front of you ;)

Chris.

That's it Chris....Looing out for #1 ;)...trying not to step in #2 ::)

Nice work there TRM

im going to be watching this one

Nice paint color.. is that Rust Oxide ? what mixture did you use? Ratio wise ? I can see the jars…. But would like to know your Mixture! It has a nice Dull and faded look ! I might be able to use on some other projects…
That panther will get the royal treatment I think… will be watching with great interest !
Nice AB BTW ? is that the Sotar ? How is it ?

Later !

Thanks Neo...glad to have you along for the ride!!

Thanks Norm! Starting with the Sotar...Yup and Me likey!!! ;D Still getting used to it. I have been a bottom feeder for a while, not the cup...no turning back!!

As for the RO Primer. ....I mix in empty Tamiya jars. This time it was 50/50 Brown & Hull Red there is only a few drops of the Grey in there. The highlights was kind of a combination I would say. I was done spraying the base and had 1/4 cup on th AB with the primer coat, added five drops more of the hull red and four drops of the oranage. Pretty much do most by adding different lighter and darker colors as I go to come up with something I like! Sorry it's no more technical....really need to write these mixings down at some point ;)

Here's another pic I forgot to throw up last night!!

1%252520065.jpg

Thanks for tuning in!! ;)

Damage looks really good. This should be a nice little build when you are done.

Thanks Noname & Uncle T, appreciate the encouragement!! Got myself a bit sidetracked tonight...had to work on the truck after work, but I am itching to fire up the AB tomorrow!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back