Back to the Past.

Backbreaker

Hi people, :)
I broke my back in two places at the end of 2006. This led me to leading a completely different life style. Two years later after coming out of a very long dark tunnel, I decided to revisit an old hobby and try modeling again. Back in December this was the 1st model I built after a gap of 29yrs, using an old knife, glue, sandpaper, paintbrush, and paint. Hard to do with permanent tremors at 1/35 scale.
Its Tamiya's 1/35 Zundapp KS750. Hope you all like it?
Joolz.

PS I have now got a decent tool kit, airbrush, compressor,etc,etc and work on the kitchen table, having to pack it all away before we all eat. O how I dream of a man cave! ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sorry to hear that about your back! Good choice to come back to modelling, though. Lots of great people and even greater models there. :D Yours is a welcome addition and looks quite good!

Great job. Funny you mention the kitchen table.

I have the man cave but recently I have started to bring 'sections' of a build up to the kitchen table and work on it there. This way I get to stay 'plugged in' to my family. We can sit around and talk while I work on a kit. The man cave is nice, but it can cut you off from 'life'. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not.

Very unfortunate circumstances surrounding your username. I'm very sorry to hear that.

Your model is very good considering it's your first in 30 years. Well done. Keep going and you will improve.

Best wishes,
Chas ;)

Joolz,

I think it looks nice! Very good for breaking the cobwebs off the old skills.

This is not quite 30 year break but this is my first build after droping out of the hobby for 15 years. I changed jobs and needed a low cost hobby that would take up as much time as I could deadicate. This is a 1/72 Hasegawa Corsair, I have learned alot in the 8 builds sence. I used my old airbrush on this one, found my trove of modeling supplies from back in the day etc. This one I will probabily keep arround for a long time just to use as a compairson.
F4U01.jpg

HTH and God Bless,

Ken

Thanks people ;D
Hi Ken the Bird looks great , I love the gull wings of the F-4U and have done since I was a kid. I've got a 1/48 scale "Hasey" Corsair and a Verlinden super detail set for it. I've got to polish my skills before I can do the kit justice, should look good with the wings folded. :)
Joolz.

Joolz,

Thanks for the compliments. I look forward to seeing you do up one of your corsairs, when you have the time.

God Bless,

Ken

Latest posts

Back