Back in the hobby after 40+ years

warpdrvr

Hello all! Newbie after building my last scale model some 40+ years ago. Went a little nuts, bought 4 kits and lots of paint and supplies. Of course the wife looks at me oddly but she's ok with it. Just wanted to find a place where like mined people are and can share tips and tricks, and discuss the hobby. Glad I found this place!

Little about me, a construction dispatcher by trade, starting a new job on Monday. Other vices include cigars and non alcoholic beers. Don't have much of a "workbench" set up yet, but it's getting there. Just ordered a cheap airbrush today to see if I want to try that route. Looking at options to build a cheap spray booth as well. Have watched tons of videos the last couple of weeks on model building/painting. Current build is a Revell 68 Dodge Charger. Waiting in the wings are a couple of 50's Chevy Trucks and an A-10. That's about all I have in the way of an introduction. Hope to get to know y'all better soon,

Welcome. Once you get familiar with your airbrush you will never go back to spray cans.

Welcome! In much the same boat as I'm also looking at picking up airbrushing and the associated support equipment. Should be fun to see what you build.

Latest posts

Back