Back in the game

KINGSLUG

Decided to get back into this as I have limited time once I get home from work..so what the hell. I made a million models when I was a kid..all the way up to the Revell Constitution..the big one. So now I'll start again. Already finished the Honda CB750 motor..the one that no one can get to work, so its just a static model. Finishing up the 1972 Dick Mann CB 750 that he won Daytona on..not an easy time with it. Started the Tamiya A10 in 1/48..doing a lot of research on it and got the Eduard photo etch and a brass cannon for it. Lots of boxes from Amazon coming in for all the stuff I need..now I need an airbrush..and I'm waiting for the Meng H2 Kawasaki model to come in..can't wait to try to use those 1mm screws. Too bad I didn't keep all the models I made over the years..only a few survived..a cat got to the Constitution..2 years work gone in 2 minutes..maybe I'll do it again.
Now I have to learn how to paint with an airbrush.

Welcome to the forum and once you get used to the airbrush you'll never look back.

Welcome back. I build a large Constitution model when I was a kid. My brother bought it for me for my birthday I think. Actually, I only got as far as finishing the hull before I got sidetracked onto building sci-fi models. Never finished the masts and rigging.

Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the Herd, KS! I saw your Honda thread, nice progress on that bike. I look forward to seeing more progress shots!

Best regards,
Brad

It’s funny how so many of us got back into modeling after first experiencing this incredible hobby as a kid. All through my adult life, I kept thinking about how much fun it was, and how much I missed it. So about ten years ago, I said what the hell and got started again. It’s very rewarding, and very addictive - it’s got to be the best hobby around. It’s almost like model building was wasted on the young, and it’s really for the older hobbyist. My main goal is to get better with painting and finishes, slowly but surely. Carry on!

Painting is where its really at..putting them together is easy compared..
Between woodworking..skiing..and racing my bike around a track..now this..i think im good.

From about 2007 to 2017 I hadn't really done much model building, the odd Gundam here and there that I never really did much with past building. But when my dad passed away in 2017 I needed something to not fall apart, and dove hard back into modeling full on. That is also when I started my now defunct YT channel. The channel wa shut down in 2020, but I am still building the kits.

Anyhow, welcome back into the hobby, and good luck.

Its how I'm learning to do all the stuff I didn't do as a kid.

Nandemo-seisaku TV (Kenji's Plamodel Diary)
This guy is good

Latest posts

Back