B-17 self build (look mom, no hands)

OH MAN !!!!!! That is such a cool video ....absolutely nutz ;D ;D ;D Thanks for sharing that with us ....guys check it out .... lol

The big girl turned out great too ...well done .

Chris.

I'm glad you liked it Chris. The downside of doing a build this way is the paint job and other things suffer in detail. I'm almost done with my third video build and I tried different things in order to get a better looking build. I'm sad to say that the current build took a turn for the worse as it was involved in an accident during the shooting and I just about trashed the entire thing. I'm 90% done and it was a test build for my fourth video build and I think the fourth should rock. I'll wrap it up and post it too.

Thanks Again

Rich

Very creative work on that video.
To me, that's actually more impressive than the build work.

Excellent build work, too.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'll get the next one done as soon as I finish up my current build. The next stop motion build, I'll try and get some WIP pictures as I go.

lobo734 said:
Very artistic and very impressive. How did you come up with the idea?

I just came up with an idea of what I wanted and tried to make it work. It's been a trial and error project. My third / current is testing out for my fourth upcoming build in which I have some bigger and better plans for.
Here's my first attempt and you can see how rough it is.

B-24 stop motion

Love the chains carrying the parts to the fuselage. I've worked on some animation before and it is indeed long and tedious. But that is such a novel idea. Totally enjoyable.

Glorfindel said:
Love the chains carrying the parts to the fuselage. I've worked on some animation before and it is indeed long and tedious. But that is such a novel idea. Totally enjoyable.

I'm glad you liked it and YES, long and tedious is what it is. I've been asked how long it took on each and I have no clue. I get into it and the next thing I know, it's time to hit the sack. The one I'm starting as soon as I finish my current one, I will try and keep better track of the time.

You Sir, are insane, :eek: & i mean that in a good way ;D

Wicked video dude, loved it.

I want more :D

Very, very cool

The Gag

Wicked cool idea! Very creative and alot of work I bet. Nice build too, makes me wanna dust off the one I've had for 15 yrs and get it done.

Hey where is Gumby?! lol That was a great idea and well presented. From the videos the build looks fine from my end.

Kryptosdaddy said:
Hey where is Gumby?! lol That was a great idea and well presented. From the videos the build looks fine from my end.
I think Gumby got captured by the snow monster in the Rudolph movie.
Thanks ;D

Holy Cow Haylannah!!! What an awesome video! Love the animation of the parts coming together and the sound effects. Outstanding job!

Fan-freakin-tastic! You have some crazy talent and some mad skills, Mr. Director.
S. Spieberg got his start the same way, so a bright future lays in store for you, Haylannah.
For its purposes the bombers turned out great, as well.
Congrats and looking forward to more in the future. Bill

Latest posts

Back