AV-8B Harrier II Plus

StyreneStylist

hey guys, I picked this kit up recently thought I'd start on it! I haven't built a Jet in a very long time, not since I was like 14 or so lol so this will be just out of the box.

hrad4x.jpg

so far I made up the cockpit, I only added in some home made seat harness from masking tape and pop can metal
painted with craft acrylics, as will the whole plane!

xnwv9z.jpg

2eptrp5.jpg

358yjhu.jpg

ap6v69.jpg

smdslh.jpg

Nice! I have this kit, too, and a good portion of AM for it. Looking forward to your progress!!

Very cool. I have the exact same kit, so I'll be following along closely.

thanks guys! lol I build everything, the only thing I've never done is sci-fi stuff.

got some work done today on the landing gear. still working on the nose gear.

904nyf.jpg

2ppatl3.jpg

29fxshw.jpg

2uszwhd.jpg

k03aew.jpg

I got the drop tanks painted, I used "craftsmart" acrylics, I wanted the tanks to be a different gray tone than the rest of the plane so I mixed more blue into it.

6jn250.jpg

2uek3d4.jpg

25tgluh.jpg

Looking great mate. I fancy doing a harrier myself, but I'm not sure about which kit to get, the Hasegawa or the Kinetic. Good luck with the build!

Chris

thanks, this kit is nice and goes together fast. but the fit of the wings is really terrible, its a real bondo bucket under the paint lol

I got the gloss varnish (dupli-color Lacquer) on and its ready for decaling next!
for color, I custom mixed up 3 shades of gray using craft acrylics, and sprayed them on at 8 psi.

all the shading should really pop once it gets its flat varnish
x6l5f.jpg

2rm1obn.jpg

awdawz.jpg

Latest posts

Back