Auto Simba 8x8 GFLF Airport Fire Truck

General Martok

Category: Auto

Name of Build: Simba 8x8 GFLF Airport Fire Truck

Kit manufacturer: Revell Germany

Scale: 1/24th

Description
Kit is built straight out of the box, (With the exception of the custom made decals). I wanted to create a North American style Airport Fire Truck, so I painted the truck a Lime Green using Rust-oleum Key Lime Green from the spray can. Polishing pads (2400 - 12000 Grit) and Megulier's Scratch X polishing compound were used to smooth out the paint finish. Tamiya Spray Gloss Aluminum was used on the roof and areas for the metal finish and Semi Gloss Black was used for the chassis. Testors Model Master Enamels were used for the rest of the detail painting. Lettering and graphics were created using Microsoft Word printed on decal paper then overcoated with Krylon Krystal Klear spray. The name "Semargate" was from a high school geography assignment from my youth where we had to create map of fictional city.

The kit was challenging to build, but it is impressive in size for a truck kit. I have another Simba in the works that I plan to convert to a 6x6 version by removing one of the front axles and shorting the body.

Thanks for running the contest again and good luck to everybody...

General Martok.....

Final Images

RevellGFLFSimba51_zps1e7d6365.jpg

RevellGFLFSimba21_zpse2d31032.jpg

RevellGFLFSimba9-11_zps26109733.jpg

RevellGFLFSimba9-61_zps14822cb6.jpg

RevellGFLFSimba81_zps3cd73764.jpg

RevellGFLFSimba31_zps5c656b53.jpg

Latest posts

Back