Auto Audi A4 DTM 2009 - Timo Scheider

ContestAdmin

Category: Auto

Name of Build: Audi A4 DTM 2009 - Timo Scheider

Kit manufacturer: Revell Germany

Scale: 1/24

Description
The latest of the Revell DTM kits I have built. (I have a total of 8). Built SOB (straight out of the box). Tamiya Spray Paints (Decanted) and Humbrol Enamels used. The paint scheme is listed as Black & Silver as per the instructions, however, looking on the Internet, the car is acutally painted Flat Black. Tamiya Gloss Black was applied with Testors Acryl Flat as an overcoat. Decals are a challenge, the long German lettering on the front hood and sides of the car had a nasty habit of folding over itself when applied. I ended up cutting the wet decal in half with a very sharp xacto knife (next time do this before you put them in water!). The red and silver stripes needed careful cutting and measuring over the removable cowl and wheel fender sections. Interior has great detail, too bad most of it is hidden due to the dark interior.

Overall, a more challenging kit than the Tamiya offerings, but still very sharp looking, especially with the wild rear fender flares. Looks more menancing than a NASCAR!

Final Images

RGAudiA4DTM2009-TimoScheider91-Copy_zps43a167ca.jpg

RGAudiA4DTM2009-TimoScheider41-Copy_zpsaa306991.jpg

RGAudiA4DTM2009-TimoScheider61-Copy_zpsc6610ad9.jpg

RGAudiA4DTM2009-TimoScheider11_zps821aaad5.jpg

RGAudiA4DTM2009-TimoScheider51-Copy_zps4a7c4912.jpg

RGAudiA4DTM2009-TimoScheider21_zpsab1fa23a.jpg

Latest posts

Back