Attaching PE Mesh

Dusky

Does anyone know any tricks for attaching PE mesh? I have to attach some PE mesh screens, but there isn't much contact between the edge of the mesh screens and the plastic and I find it hard not to fill the fine mesh with CA.

Use Gel type CA glue: It won't clog up your mesh, if you are careful!

Put a blob of CA onto some surface (I use the inside of bottle caps) then with a very fine applicator (stretched sprue for example) get some from it and apply lightly over the contact points, and not on the mesh if you can avoid it.

It's what I did to glue the meshes on this guy (http://theironkeep.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/20130211_m113-tuga_0007.jpg) and worked fine but you need to be patient and may need to work one side at a time.

Also as the stretched sprue starts deforming just cut that bit and you get a instant clean applicator.

The gel CA worked okay. I just need a better applicator than music wire. When I get a chance, I'll take my Dremel to a thread needle and cut off part of the top leaving a fork to use as a CA applicator.

I use a welding type technique that involves very very small amounts of CA to get the part 'tacked' in and once set adding more to 'weld' it permanently into place.

I found that was the least messy way as the part is already set so it won't move around and drag glue where u don't want it

I've used Future before in cases like that...if you do get a little messy, at least it's clear ;)

Latest posts

Back