AT-TE Republic Cargo walker (custom)

Defenitly the kind of project i LIKE a lot !

Good detailing, a good improvement for the leg, more realistic, and I can't wait to see the final result. Keep on the good work. Bravo ! :)

Thank you everyone for your support. Knowing what some of you build/have built makes those comments a really powerful. Cheers

On to the progress over the weekend.

First up, I Dremeled (yes, it's a verb) out some of the areas to enhance the detail. There aren't really any good underneath shots of the AT-TE, so I just generalized. I may add more detail later.
wip_cargowalker_14_zps7ba5874f.jpg~original

What you're looking at is a lot of brass and styrene, plus some Pz.III bogies.
wip_cargowalker_17_zpsf965f678.jpg~original

I also decided to cut off part of the top hull (specifically the side armor pieces) to be later added to the model.
wip_cargowalker_15_zps08eda776.jpg~original

This isn't a drug habit...it's the thinning of the kit's parts and a lot of styrene dust.
wip_cargowalker_16_zps6b1eb1f8.jpg~original

The real fun came from building up the cockpit. First, i fashioned some chairs from styrene and mortar bases.
wip_cargowalker_18_zps3886d636.jpg~original

Then I detailed the cockpit and dry-fitted the chairs.
wip_cargowalker_19_zps50fcf00f.jpg~original

The pilots are from a Titanium series die-cast Republic Swamp Speeder (ISP). They have decent detail, but I'll be repainting them later.
wip_cargowalker_20_zps338fec03.jpg~original

Here's a rear view. I'm thinking pilot on the left, communications officer on the right. BTW: I haven't added windscreens yet, though I plan to.
wip_cargowalker_21_zps3461c945.jpg~original

Excellent choice, again, fort the titanium pilots.
Don't know if it's the same scale but, I found the RISK game edition of Clone Wars with a loooooot of clone troopers, droids etc. I intend to use it with my Republic Gunship, which lack of good soldiers (the one provided are ugly, and soft...).

Some of the 1/100 and sometimes 1/144 figures from the Gundam kits can be useful too, with some modifications.

YOULI said:
Don't know if it's the same scale but, I found the RISK game edition of Clone Wars with a loooooot of clone troopers, droids etc. I intend to use it with my Republic Gunship, which lack of good soldiers (the one provided are ugly, and soft...).

Some of the 1/100 and sometimes 1/144 figures from the Gundam kits can be useful too, with some modifications.

Do you happen to have the height of the RISK clones? I've seen a few people selling the troops only, so I may grab a few. For most of the clones, I'll be using Micro Machines stormies...I'll just need to rework the head a little.

And thanks to everyone else following and commenting.

Great work on the cockpit!
It is always a pleasure to see such a craftmanship.
Also, can't wait to see this two-seatedodification installed in place Actually, the whole thing with this opened-top cargo modification excites me greatly.

Unreality said:
YOULI said:

Do you happen to have the height of the RISK clones? I've seen a few people selling the troops only, so I may grab a few. For most of the clones, I'll be using Micro Machines stormies...I'll just need to rework the head a little.

And thanks to everyone else following and commenting.

Around 1 Centimeter or so... You have clone troopers, the blue droids, and vehicles (the wheeled one from the republic and the tank from the droid army). It's tinier than the figures for the card game.

223042698_armies.jpg

risk-star-wars-clones-3.jpg

Solander said:
Great work on the cockpit!
It is always a pleasure to see such a craftmanship.
Also, can't wait to see this two-seatedodification installed in place Actually, the whole thing with this opened-top cargo modification excites me greatly.

Ask and ye shall receive...

I took several hours today to work on it. I basically cut off most of the AT-TE's basic cockpit. After adding in some thick strip styrene, I finally glued it all in place. There's still a lot to be done to cover up gaps and make it look less "cobbled together".
wip_cargowalker_22_zpsd1aad926.jpg~original

The all important front profile
wip_cargowalker_23_zps92a8d55e.jpg~original

I still want to do more detail work to the underside...even though you won't see most of it.
wip_cargowalker_24_zps319f1565.jpg~original

Thanks Youli for the info. And thanks for the comments. This is such a great community...even if some of us are little brain-addled.

You're welcome !

Great job ! Keep on the good work ! After that a good old diorama with an alien vegetation and it will be awesome !

Oh yeah! Eduard makes a bunch of really cool 1/35 flora PE sets that would look cool as oversized plants from Felucia...

Plain awesomeness, pal!
And I can't help admitting, I really like where it seems to go with these Felucia-style giant plants dio talks :)

Solander said:
Plain awesomeness, pal!
And I can't help admitting, I really like where it seems to go with these Felucia-style giant plants dio talks :)

Thanks man. I've considered a dio. I'll have to see how I'm feeling once I finish...which is a long way off. I also considered doing a Republic Military Base dio with perhaps a bronze Clonetrooper statue (I'd buy a simple figure and just airbrush him up).

Oh, and by the way...great work on the Cato Neimoidia dio. That is an excellent display piece.

I'll hopefully get some more updates soon. Thanks all.

Latest posts

Back