AT-ST

Splashcoat

Here are a few photos of my take on the old AMT Snap-Tite 1/48 model of the Imperial All-Terrain Scout Transport (AT-ST), a.k.a., "Chicken Walker". The kit was built basically straight-from-the-box; my alterations consisted of fabricating the top handrail with metal pins and wire, cutting out the closed view port covers and re-attaching them in an open position, adding more accurate armor to the sides of the main body (the kit is molded with solid sides), replacing the gun barrels with metal tube and replacing the right-hand missile launcher with the front section of a 1/72 scale rocket pod. Okay, maybe it’s not that straight-from-the-box.

atstii9.jpg

atstii8.jpg

atstii7.jpg

atstii6.jpg

atstii5.jpg

atstii4.jpg

atstii3.jpg

atstii1.jpg

atstii.jpg

I need to know where to find those hooks that the rail attach to the cabin.

Just Mike said:
I need to know where to find those hooks that the rail attach to the cabin.

I made mine out of sheet styrene based on the studio scale parts. My model is the same MPC/Ertl kit that the original poster made.

Great job Splashcoat - you've really polished that kit into a beauty! Great groundwork too. I really love it.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I had alot of fun with this little guy... the kit's shortcomings notwithstanding.

Sorry, I have nothing more original to say than the other guys here... Really great job! The detailing, the weathering, the base.... all fantastic!

Seriously nice work!

Dark Kyp said:
Nice built congratulations!

Do you have "in progress" pictures? :)

Sorry, Dark Kyp, I built this before I started taking in progress pictures. I'll do it for the next one :)

Latest posts

Back