Armor Grandpa's Fordson

ContestAdmin

Category: Armor

Name of Build: Grandpa's Fordson

Kit manufacturer: Plusmodel

Scale: 1/35

Description
This project all started when I was flicking through an old photo album of my Grandfather in WW2, he had a large collection of war time photo’s documenting his time in the Army. His name was S.C (Nick) Morris and apart from being a loving Grandpa he was very proud to be British and led his life in a very military way. He was in the B.E.F and among a lot of other work his main duty was commanding his troops to lead transports, whether it would be food ammo or even parts of the V2 Rocket to destinations sometimes right up to enemy lines. This is where the Fordson WOT 2 comes into play; he was very fond of it and mentions it and I’m sure he kept it a lot cleaner than I have made it! But when I came across the photo I instantly wanted to create it as a model. Not only would it be a lovely homage to my Grandpa but it was also a great looking truck! The paints used were Vallejo's various Primer's and AK Interactive's US Olive Drab Modulation set and the weathering was done using AK Interactive Enamel Weathering products. A lot of parts were scratch built, using brass tubing, plasticard, sheet lead, plastic tubing and clear acetone.

Final Images

IMG_6862_zps206d41e2.jpg

IMG_6836_zps73a58113.jpg

IMG_6877_zps761367cb.jpg

IMG_6882_zpseab58069.jpg

IMG_6864_zps5b3184a2.jpg

IMG_6731_zpsfefb36e4.jpg

Latest posts

Back