Armada Hobby MAZ-537

HWR MKII

My wonderful wife Jen got this for me as a valentines gift. It is the only kit of this vehicle being produced in 1/72. Overall the kit ia awesome for an eastern european garage kit. Casting is almost perfect. Just a couple air bubbles on minor locations. It could be built straight out of the box but i had some plans for it. I added some minor plumbing on visible areas. I also cut open the drivers door and roof access hatch. This made it necessary to add the missing details in the cabin. This included gas and brake pedals, brake levern sun visors and other trim pieces. The photoetch in the kit is impressive as well. All the fenders and running boards are PE as are some of the access hatches. The PE fret itself is the size of my hand. I still have alot to add. Overall this is an excelltnt kit and is well worth the money.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks guys. Im painting the interior now. Then ill be able to glue the cab together and finish detailing the outside. Theres still alot of PE and grab handles to add.

Love it.

Would like to get the Trumpeter 1/35 version, but with a Faun Tank Transporter, Chinese ICBM Truck/Launcher, SCUD, SA2 Truck/Launcher all here, with the big DANA on the way.....already too many BIG kits that haven't been built.

Incredible work ..especially considering the scale :eek:, Looking forward to more of this ! ;D

Chris.

Paint is on and some prelim weathering. Ill hold it here while i try to salvage this trailer. I should be able to make something of it. The green looks alot lighter in the pictures than it actually is in person.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks guys. I should have some prelim shots of the trailer up tonight. Lots of scratch work to go on it. But i will succeed!

Elm City Hobbies said:
Love it.

Would like to get the Trumpeter 1/35 version, but with a Faun Tank Transporter, Chinese ICBM Truck/Launcher, SCUD, SA2 Truck/Launcher all here, with the big DANA on the way.....already too many BIG kits that haven't been built.

Thats another reason i switched to 1/72 scale. I have this, 2 FAMOs, a dragon wagon , FAUN, Diamond T M-20 with rodgers trailer, Scammell TRMU 30.

Without bases i can fit all these on one shelf. With bases they still wont take up as much room as their 1/35 counterparts.

Latest posts

Back