Armada Hobby MAZ-537

thanks man. Im still researching the back end of the trailer. There are 3-4 different variations fo rthe loading ramps on it and i will have to scratch up all of it.

I always like to see really good scratch work, and this is right up there...keep it coming dude.

scratchmod

This is the section of the trailer i have to replicate. If you look the aft section back of the final trailer wheel is hinged. Not difficult to recreae just time consuming.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Through my researches i have discovered my trailer is about 1/2 inch too long on the base bed between the gooseneck and the first wheel station. So out comes the saw and the unneeded section!

Great looking build! You are doing that kit great justice. Can't wait to see the finished product.
aim9guy

Thanks gyus . Things have slowed down for the moment. work and some better weather means im not at my bench as often. The trailer shortening was a success though as is the extended rear plate scratch build. Its getting there just a little more to do before its far enough to show real progress.

Thats looking amazing...........braille scale building at it`s absolute best, keep up the terrific work on this little beast buddy.. ;D

`Boots`

Thanks for all the compliments guys. The long journey of this build isnt over yet. As you can see the trailer shortening went very well and the scratch work continues. Bulk objects are done and now its on to the ntty gritty stage of the fine details. Still considering loadouts for it. I have a couple MTLB based vehicles, a BMP-1, maybe even a hulk of a Jagdpanzer IV L70. Considering the junk being unearthed in eastern europe right now anything is possible.

As well as detailing on the trailer i put a couple final details on the cab. THE WINDOWS! The kit came with preprinted clear acetate patterns for the glass. These fit very well when trimmed slightly inside the lines. then on top of the acetate parts you get photoetch window FRAMES! Thats right the thin rubber seal around the windows is represented by an extremely fine and well made PE part. The key to securing all of this in place cleanly and permanently FUTURE! Place the window glass and run a thin bead of future acrlyic around the edge to let capillary action draw it along. Then lay the PE part on the window after the future has set. One the frame is in place apply a small amount of future to it and again let it get drawn around. One the future dries you have a nice secure window with no haze from CA or other glues and no lumps like you get with micro crystal clear.

Right now id say this project is 3/4 complete. I cant wait to finish it but i will not rush it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Very Cool !! I like what you've done !!! It's coming together !! Lookin Good !! I dig those lil' touches, & I do mean little. It's hard to believe looking at the pix, that this is 1/72nd scale !!

Rock-On Brotha' !!

Thanks man...Unfortunately my main computer is down and all refs are inaccessable for the moment so work is on hold. Refs are not lost however since i got them from primeportal.net. Now if i just had a copy of XP home so i could reformat id be all set...Dont need a disc number since the one on my computer is valid. I just need a reinstall.

Latest posts

Back