Arado Ar196A-3

WOW, what a cool bird. Some good looking plastic (and LARGE) you got there. Looks like you could really go to town on a cockpit of that size.

You have my attention, that's for sure!

Geez, i had no idea this was such a detailed kit. Looks like you're full steam ahead eh Chris? Gonna be a beauty!

Thanks guys :)

FT ...there is quite a bit of nice detail in this kit buddy ,If you're into aircraft I highly recommend adding this one to the stash ....especially at the price ! I fail to understand how there can be such a difference in price between some manufacturers IE ...in the UK Tamiya's 1/32 A/C retail at over £100 ....This kit ...£24 !! Yes Tamiya are at the top of the game ,but they still have some issues too ,even if I was to add the etch detail sets to this one ,it still wouldnt match Tamiya prices ? I havent found or heard of any problems with this one from Revell ?....on top of that they just released a 1/32 HE 111 again ,for half the price of a Tamiya P51 ?....and thats a lot of plastic !!

Rant over ;D More up later .

Chris.

yeah ...Like I said ..its a lot of plastic ;D

Chris.

Just a quick update ...

Most of the main cockpit components ready for paint ;D there's more to go in ,but not unitl this lot is put together .....

DSCF4035.jpg

Maybe get some primer and paint on later ...

Chris.

Thanks Spud & Q , i've just finished basecoating everything ,I'll get the paint on in the morning ...then details ;D

Chris.

Back from the paintshop .....

All the parts were primed with Black . Most German A/C were painted RLM02 inside ,so I used Tamiya XF22 RLM Grey ,which apparently is a pretty good match ,its very like German Field grey only lighter .Anyhoo,the paint was thinned with cellulose ,after that I lightened the grey with Deck Tan and spray that from the top ,just to highlight a bit .
Once everything was dry I put a coat of Johnsons Klear on to protect the paint .The parts will need a lot of handling and I dont want the paint rubbing off ..the Klear will stop that ;) It will also help with the washes .
Some of the Klear was still damp when I took the pics .......

DSCF4041.jpg
DSCF4044.jpg

DSCF4043.jpg
DSCF4045.jpg

DSCF4042.jpg

DSCF4040.jpg

So next will be lots of detail painting and weathering before assembly .

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

I used to work in a model shop and this was always on sale, had it out the box so many times but never went for it, regretting that now, could have saved myself 10 quid.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Nice! I Like the preshading effect on these.

8)

BTW, sometimes I'm still damp when I post pics.

lol

Thanks guys .

Alfonzo its defo one for the stash buddy .

* Ken ,I wouldnt of put you down as being 'a bit wet ' .. ;D

Cheers Wayne ;)

Chris.

This is looking pretty wicked as it is....!!! :eek:

I am gonna look for that bird for sure... the details are to die for ... the front and rear instrument panels are NUTS>>>>

Thanks Norm , the only downer is the fact there is no decals for the dash or instruments ,although the is AM stuff available , but Im going to try the painting route and see how it goes ,everything is crisply molded which helps a lot ;)

Chris.

Getting exciting now Chris. It looks as good as I hoped. Looking forward to more. Well done!

Latest posts

Back