APRIL 1ST 2012 HERE WE COME

MilitaryAircraft101

Well, with 2011 BIG Spring Contest (big enough that someone voted one of my models for 1st place lol :eek:), I'm already gearing up for 2012...

Not really ::)

You guys should be super proud (right word?) with all of your efforts, this was one HECK of a ride... I can't wait for some of these absolutely KICKIN' group builds to launch, watch out for my 1:48 A-4, 1:48 Sea Fury and 1/72 Swordfish in the NAVY GB, and my first 1/35 Armour build: Trumpeter's ASLAV-25, might even make a diorama. ;)

Great work EVERYONE, lots of winners!

P.S. Scott (ElmCity) how to redeem our 5% ???, that'd be real nice! 8)

Im already starting to plan for the next contest i dont want to miss the start date again. Its actually a coincidence that i started my mustang GT-350 on the day of the contest start!!

For the Elm city hobbies discount there is a sticky at the top of the Spring contest forum

I'll be making it my first contest. My modelling skills will be 1 year old when the 2012 spring contest begins, so....

Watch out! Incoming Noob!! ;D

NO WAY! Some of the herd actually voted for my model for all three places.
Someone voted for first and I was like WHAO!!! and two for second I was like Whohh! and one for third I was like woah!
I am flattered! I didn't expect any vote.

Finding Nemo - EAC Scene (turtles)

Thanks for the guys who voted for Med Flight Ohio #3!!
what a compliment! You made my day!!

Dude! Like, look out Spring 2012, here I come!!!

Definitely will Join next year competition!! to start planing again.

MilitaryAircraft101 said:
Well, with 2011 BIG Spring Contest (big enough that someone voted one of my models for 1st place lol :eek:), I'm already gearing up for 2012...

You guys should be super proud (right word?) with all of your efforts, this was one HECK of a ride... I can't wait for some of these absolutely KICKIN' group builds to launch, watch out for my 1:48 A-4, 1:48 Sea Fury and 1/72 Swordfish in the NAVY GB, and my first 1/35 Armour build: Trumpeter's ASLAV-25, might even make a diorama. ;)

Click the link on the top, will take you to a thread with the discount code. When in the website, put your items into your cart, and go through the checkout process. When you are on the payment screen, at the bottom there will be an area to put that discount code in, and it will take the 5% off of your order.

I’ll be joining...

But, it seems, I need a lot of training. Man, some of the stuff you guys pull of… It’s downright disheartening sometimes, realizing that you have years and years ahead of you before you get anywhere near that.

But now that I’ve finally gotten painting again I might as well persevere.

Next time, however, I’ll be better prepared. Rather than starting to order the kits several weeks into the context, I’m already planning ahead and finding the kits I’ll need.

Of course, the real question is if there’ll be a special category again next year and, if so, what it will be…

f2k said:
I’ll be joining...

But, it seems, I need a lot of training. Man, some of the stuff you guys pull of… It’s downright disheartening sometimes, realizing that you have years and years ahead of you before you get anywhere near that.

Next time, however, I’ll be better prepared. Rather than starting to order the kits several weeks into the context, I’m already planning ahead and finding the kits I’ll need.

Of course, the real question is if there’ll be a special category again next year and, if so, what it will be…

Not necessarily. Yes alot of practice and many models have been thrashed upon, however some people just have the ability to pull off some great builds. There is a guy on here only 20, and has only been modeling for 5 years, and pulls off some fantastic builds. But, I attribute it to being young, and because of the lack of experience, maybe he takes to new techniques a little faster/better than some of us that have been doing it for years. Yes you can teach an old dog new tricks....but sometimes it takes longer to do so!!

Main thing is...build it for yourself...and not for anyone else...and have fun doing it. Enter it into the contest, and you just never know. I mean this year....no one went home empty handed!!

I got back into model building about a year and a half ago after a 15 year break. I could not have built that Godzilla diorama last year.

What I am trying to say is this: Practice and your skills will improve. Last year, I hated seam filling, and now I will tackle the worst of kits. (Mainly because I have built the worst of kits over the last year.)

Don't be afraid to try something new, this is how you build your skills.

f2k said:
I’ll be joining...

Keep in mind that that practice doesn't always meaning having to get several hundreds of hours under your belt to be good. All it takes an hour here and there tackling issues in a build. And before you know it, you will have quickly learned and gained a feel. Also, there are always herders here that will help you out with anything and walk you through it. I've been away from modeling from 90/91 to 2006/7. I only recently starting tackling custom and detailed builds in the last 4 years. But only this last year I have increased my model building. I no longer like building out of the box.
Look, if I can do it, you can do it. No problem. Trust me.

Cheers

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I’ll do my best and as long as I have fun then…

Why, there’re even someone (thank you, whoever you are) who had my Jagdpanzer E 1000 marked for a first place. So it can’t all have been bad, right?

I’ve joined several painting groups on WarSeer now and am really looking forward to getting stuck in and painting some models...

I will be in for sure. I've found a 54mm figure I absolutely love I am planning on doing for the figure category.

Elm City Hobbies said:
MilitaryAircraft101 said:

Click the link on the top, will take you to a thread with the discount code. When in the website, put your items into your cart, and go through the checkout process. When you are on the payment screen, at the bottom there will be an area to put that discount code in, and it will take the 5% off of your order.

OK I give, Where is the link at?

Never Mind. Found it at the top of the Post List.
Sorry about that.

ill defo be in this time, was kinda late last time around :) not being a meber and not knowing about it may have had somthing to do with it :)

I learn my lesson from the last contest... I already have the base model, will be ordering the other parts next month, prepare ahead... ;D

Latest posts

Back