Aoshima Road Warrior Interceptor conversion.

Eagle-1

Hello again everyone!

I started this conversion awhile back and have had a few other projects come along. Since this model is for me, It has been boxed again till I can finish it.

Here's the one:

max.jpg

It's the Aoshima Road Warrior version of the interceptor. This kit comes as the beat up version with the gas tanks and such that we saw in the Road Warrior and I like the clean version we saw pull out of the garage in Mad Max, so several things needed some attention.

The hood in this kit is not removable and I wanted to show some detail under there, so the hood had to be removed. Using the tip of an X-Acto knife, I scored the seams and eventually removed it. Using the knife tip left the cut small, so I won't need very much added to each side to get the fit line tighter on final installation.

Here's how that came out:

hood.jpg

I had to completely scratch a fascia due to there being none after Max smashed it off. Here's a collage of some of that:

fascia.jpg

I also had to scratch the trunk area and form a rear window, since those are not in the kit either:

DSCN4056.JPG

The spoiler on the roof needed a little attention as well. It was much too wide at the base straight out of the box, so I thinned it way down to more closely match the actual car from the movie.

DSCN4047.JPG
DSCN4051.JPG
DSCN4055.JPG

Here everything is with just a little primer.

maxfor.jpg

As I said, this has been on hold for a bit, but I hope to finish it soon. I hope y'all enjoy what I've done so far!

As always, any and all comments are VERY welcome.
Rob.

Last edited:
Quaralane,

I do have everything to finish it and now that most of the mods are over, it really don't need much... now that we're talking about it.

LOL!

I picked up this FORD Mustang:

mustang.jpg

That kit supplies the BFGoodrich radial T/A tires seen in the movie and the 351 engine so that I can open the hood.

Rob.

Last edited:
Thank you! The work will continue. Studio scale stuff seems to consume everything else, but it is in a safe place.

Rob.

Ok, I know this thread is a little long in the tooth now, but I'm still doing this one and digging around for the Viper to post, I ran across and pulled this old thing out too.

Of course, got the "want to" back in gear and I do need to finish this.

And y'all was thinkin' I take a long time on things I JUST started. Nope, I just take a long time every time and start too many half way through the last one.

Rob.

Latest posts

Back