Aoshima/Imai Captain Scarlet SPC model

SF_Ziggurat

Here is my finished model of the Aoshima Spectrum Patrol Car from the TV series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons., a reissue based on late-1960s Imai molds.

Attachments

• IMG_3713.jpg
    IMG_3713.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3714.jpg
    IMG_3714.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3719.jpg
    IMG_3719.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3722.jpg
    IMG_3722.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3725.jpg
    IMG_3725.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 12
I love it!
I have some of the Imai figure kits, and this makes me think I should break them out.

I love it!
I have some of the Imai figure kits, and this makes me think I should break them out.
I never had the courage to tackle those Imai Captain Scarlet figure kits, (or any figures for that matter) so I hope you do build one or more, and please share. Painting figures is a real art! Those Spectrum uniforms were very cool.

Here is my finished model of the Aoshima Spectrum Patrol Car from the TV series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons., a reissue based on late-1960s Imai molds.
My all time favorite Gerry Anderson programme (The original NOT the CGI)
All I can say to this super build is........... SIG, Spectrum is Green.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the subject, but looks pretty cool...
"Captain Scarlet" was a British sci-fi TV show, using puppets and models. It was produced by Gerry and Silvia Anderson, using their "Supermarionation" animation process.

The Andersons also produced "Thunderbirds", and the live-action series "UFO" and "Space: 1999"

Here's the IMDb page for "Captain Scarlet": https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059973/reference/

I watched "Captain Scarlet" and "Thunderbirds" when I was a kid in the 70s, and enjoyed them thoroughly back then.

Latest posts

Back