Anyone notice the changes to YouTube?

Grendels

Has anyone noticed the recent changes on YouTube? Comments on channels are pretty much gone, you can't view a persons subscribers, and channel comments seem to be gone.

I can't say I am a fan of this. And I am starting to notice videos like this one:

My Edited Video

Any thoughts and comments?

Just my 2 cents, I notice there's a lot of spamming in the comments in Youtube... just like domino effect instead of removing it one by one, they just remove it all.

I said from the first time I saw it that I hated it, the old lay out was easier to use and looked better. Why they got it in there heads to change it is beyond me there was noting wrong with the old layout

Fire up your YT channel, hit "Edit Channel" on the top right then hit the big button that says "Switch back to the old channels design" and all that other stuff will be there.

it is teh sukk.. for sure

I hate it and I have told them so every time the stupid feedback deal pops up in my subbox

Ziz said:
Fire up your YT channel, hit "Edit Channel" on the top right then hit the big button that says "Switch back to the old channels design" and all that other stuff will be there.

for now.. eventually they are going to kill that view

Hmmm....

I just took a quick look. I'm not sure the changes are too big of a deal. I can see my subscribers. I don't know why I would be interested in anyone else's subscribers. I guess it would be helpful to target videos to a specific audience but that's not my motivation.

As far as the new layout and scheme I like it at first glance. Looks to be cleaner and simpler. Like it or not the web is about aesthetics as much as it is about being the information super highway. People like things that look nice and have an extended warranty. Whether or not it works properly for a reasonable amount of time is of secondary importance. Backwards for sure but that's the way it looks from my front porch. ;)

The layout sucks, but you can still make and view channel comments.

When you are on the channel page of your choice, you will see the channel name, for example on yours it says "badgrendals's activity" and below that is your videos, however to the right of it, there is a "view" button, click that, and choose "comments only" and the channel comments will be displayed, as well to leave a new channel comment, there is a box to the right to do so.

Ain't pretty though, much prefer the old layout.

huntr said:
it is teh sukk.. for sure

I hate it and I have told them so every time the stupid feedback deal pops up in my subbox

same, :)

Not crazy about the new layouts myself.
Deliberately kept my channel on the old look, because I prefer it.

Not liking the way it displays subscription updates either

I don't like it either.

One thing, I did look at other subs, just to see if they knew of channels that I didn't.

Doing this to block spammers makes sense. The new layout will pretty much kill anyone's desire to leave something on a popular channel. No one will see it unless they click on the channel comments page.

Latest posts

Back