Any word on a possible Contest this year?

Yes Scott said so yesterday in his vid. Starts march 1st more info prob this week on it he said

trust me when I say it IS coming.
Just like Scott promised in a vid yeasterday

When you guys speak of this contest can someone explain this in detail of how this works ? Ive never participated in any sort of event like this. I believe this is the first contest IVe heard of since joining the forum so Im clueless as to how this works. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

you can get a pretty detailed view by going to the SMA spring contest section, just be aware that the categories and definitions may change slightly.

I was just about to open a new box of something because I was bored when I saw the Video! ... sooo difficult to leave it alone now. ;D

WHAT IS UP. Feb 01 2013

hooters its simple really. pic a kit you would like to use stick it in the right category when you submit your entry with your $5 fee, when finished it submit 5 or 6 pics when there is a link to submit them, then once comp end date is up Scot will do a poll or some thing like it and we all vote on who we think should be first in each category.

unless somethings changed that's more or less it,

Oh and some cool Prizes unless that's changed :D

So the winning entry is based on appearance ? Mainly speaking paint job is what wins the contest ? Do you have to be able to do all the detail work to the kit ? Such as if I would do a race car would I have to have the wired distributor, spark plug wires etc if not be docked points etc ? I guess what I'm basically asking is how are the builds judged or the criteria that makes a build a contender for an award?

This sounds like a pretty cool event and not worried about winning although I am very competitive lol. I don't like to lose my car keys let alone a game or contest ha ha but my skills are by far way less then any of the rest of you. I just think it would be cool to be involved in an event such as this not only for the fun and experience but discussional purposes of the builds entered into the event.

The contest is voted on by those that entered, there really isn't any points to be had as in your kit is judged out of 30 points or something.

What we have done in the past, and what I believe we will be doing for the 2013 edition is when you vote, you pick your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place kits in each category, 1st gets 3pts, 2nd 2pts and 3rd 1pt. Once everyone votes, points are added up and the one with the most points in the category wins 1st, 2nd amount of points wins 2nd, etc, etc.

What we as entrants have to go by, are the 5-6 pictures that you the builder submits for the rest of us to see. If you do wiring on you race car, then show us a picture with the hood off, otherwise we wouldn't know if you did it or not. Everything is subjective as far as voting, we can only go by the pictures you submit of your finished entry, so you could go to town and super detail everything on the kit, but if you don't show us what you did...how would we ever know?

Thanks for hollering, guys!
Great News! Looking forward to March then!
Did I get that right: The duration of the competition is 2 months only?
No way finishing a 1/350 ship kit in that time frame. There will be some consideration necessary to pick the right subject just by feasibility. :-\
Anyway, 24 more days!
Cheers,
Guido

two months.. building a ship in that time might be a hard one to pull off unless you work around the clock :D

Hooters every one will have a chance to win, the best part is Scott calling out the winners in his Vid, Shagger had me on edge last year with the armor Category.

Enter it and have fun and most importantly Finish a build :)

Hey guys, I'm sure Scott will update us as he gets the details ironed out for the contest. Prizes, entry info, etc. I am pretty sure that the contest will be 3 months as always. I could be wrong on that but I'm pretty sure Scott just wanted to bump up the contest by a month this year so we didn't run into the Summer time.

... well, at three months a big scale ship is moving into perspective. Not a CV, BB, or even a CA, but a DD or something of similar size. :D
That'd be great!
Cheers,
Gudio

I think that's what he mentioned in the vid (I'm too lazy to check it again :D) , so yeah 3 months. It suits my usual pace but it's in a exceedingly busy period ... Let's see how it goes.

I've re-assessed my decision and I've decided that I have a kit in the stash that'd make a great small dio or standalone for a catergory. I'm thinking I could have it done in a timely fashion so if in case the Navy decided to move my household goods back to PA early, I wouldnt be left without tools to finish before contest conclusion.

3 months...

March. April. May.

Just moved it so it doesn't end in June. Too much to do by then...June I mean.

Nice!
Now I gotta get that Ostwind of my chest ( and workbench) and I'll be free to join. That should work out nicely. From here it's all the pain of having to choose from the 100 kits at hand! ;D

Latest posts

Back