Anthem Airbrush problem

Fruit

Hey guys!

I just bought my first airbrush (Woot to the woot! ;D) but I'm having a problem unscrewing the head? I'm sure it's part 51-071.

IMG_7508.jpg

I've tried hand grips to needle nosed pliers, but the thing is not budging! My hand grips broke while trying
to unscrew the head, and my pliers have stripped at the head's grips.

Any idea on how to solve this? I know Badger has produces the best, but man... Guess it's beginner's misfortune huh! (What a way to start airbrushing :-\)

Almost seems like it may be cross threaded.

If you have a strip of rubber, piece off of an old bicycle innertube, or even one of those small sheets they use to make it easier to take a jar cover off, wrap it around the part, and either put in a clamp and turn the airbrush, or use a pair of vice grips to turn the part off.

The rubber clamped onto it should give you more grip.

Or you could take a piece of material on each side of a vice clamp, tighten the vice up and unscrew it in the vice. Make sure you wrap it in a piece of material or even a t-shirt so you don't damage the piece anymore then it already is.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Almost seems like it may be cross threaded.

If you have a strip of rubber, piece off of an old bicycle innertube, or even one of those small sheets they use to make it easier to take a jar cover off, wrap it around the part, and either put in a clamp and turn the airbrush, or use a pair of vice grips to turn the part off.

The rubber clamped onto it should give you more grip.

hooterville75 said:
Or you could take a piece of material on each side of a vice clamp, tighten the vice up and unscrew it in the vice. Make sure you wrap it in a piece of material or even a t-shirt so you don't damage the piece anymore then it already is.

Yeah, I've tried the small sheets that take jar covers off, and it definitely tore it down the middle. I did forget
that I had some vice grips in the tool shed, so I'll try those later.

Thanks for the quick responses guys, definitely appreciate it!

Looks like it worked! Thanks guys!

Now I know why most of you like these airbrushes ;D

Latest posts

Back